Confirmed with Link: Islanders sign Austin Czarnik

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Considering Cizikas’s durability issues I have no issues with this move. Not sure we really want Koivula or Bardreau as long term solutions as 4th Line C.

Great as far as 5’9” 170 pounders go. Not necessarily going to fill in for Cizekas role on the fourth line. Hopefully Koivula is a better option.

Would be interesting to see what happens paired up with Ho Sang in BP

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like a magician's last name. The Great Czarnick
300px-Carnac.jpg

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Scored against us didn't he?

Interestingly enough, the Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik line absolutely dominated you guys a couple seasons ago (2018-19). I forget if it was the game in Long Island or the game in Calgary, but I do remember that line completely suffocating your skaters with their forecheck, and Czarnik a huge part of why.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think he is one of those guys that is an AHL player, he was behind another former Islander on the depth chart last year (wink wink)... so not sure at 27 if he is anything more than AHL depth or Kuhnackl replacement

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I don't think it's Khunackels replacement but a depth forward that could step in the top nine. You don't want Alan Quine to replace Clutterbuck, that's why you get a Khunackel. You also don't necessarily want Khunackel replacing Eberle. Need variety skill sets in depth players if you can. Might have missed this last year.

Reactions: buud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->