Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Sens Feb. 11. 1 p.m. Eastern. The Afternoon Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Actually Condra played tonight for Tampa Bay. We need to rebuild the 4th line, but I would consider other guys before Condra. Maybe if we really need another forward we can make a move for him in the off season.

He was just on waivers a few weeks ago, wasn't he?

Condra for Hammond. Andrei Vasilevskiy gets hamurgers we get a competent(?) player.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Pageau just crushing Ovechkin and Tavares when matched up against them absolutely proves his worth. Regardless of the points he gets.

He just shut down Tavares. But I love the game vs Washington.

If you got Ovechkin so utterly neutralized that he is taking penalties on you. You are channelling Joel Otto or Guy Carboneau or freaking Doug Gilmour.

Pageau is awesome. And if he doesn't get 39 points this year it frankly does not matter.

Coach and teammates and heck fans know exactly what Pageau brings and his point total is not really that important. But even saying that he actually could get nearly 40 points anyway.

I tell you as a fan. I love our little wolverine. Give up 60 pounds on Ovechkin and make him as frustrated as all hell? Yeah. That is awesome.

Stone gets hit and injured so 175 pound Pageau goes up and attacks 260 lb Byfuglien. Because he literally does not give 2 F's.

Yeah I take that and his teammates take it and everyone realizes Pageau is a freaking warrior.

Pageau is going to at some point get 20 goals and 50 points. Some year. If he does not produce offensively every game or year it means nothing.

I am sure our ultra competitive star players wish they could play at 120% like Pageau does. Karlsson, Stone and Turris likely look up to little shrimp Pageau. They wish they could bring it on the level if Pageau. They likely play and think. I gotta just reach peak Pageau at this key defensive or offensive moment.

Pageau is freaking awesome. He would be with zero points. But he has a lot of points.

He is a SMURF who plays like a lion, or wolverine as someone said earlier! While I agree with Aragorn that we need more size and players who play big, Pageau is not one of the guys I would replace.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Actually Condra played tonight for Tampa Bay. We need to rebuild the 4th line, but I would consider other guys before Condra. Maybe if we really need another forward we can make a move for him in the off season.

Good for him as I thought he was still in the AHL. Who else would you consider?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Good for him as I thought he was still in the AHL. Who else would you consider?

Well, I would probably look to re-build the 4th line in the off season. Kelly and Neil should not be back next year, so it opens more spots. I would love to have Pyatt back and I would consider Wingels depending on his contract demands. Not sure about Lazar. I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone by the time next season begins. We also have Nick Paul in the minors and I suppose McCormick is an option as well. I would consider Boyle in free agency as a fourth line centre, but I'm not sure I would trade for him now. It would depend on the price.

I'm not really interested in older rental players who won't be here next year, which is one of the reasons I like the Wingels move. I think there's a decent chance he re-signs.

Right now we have a lot of bodies, so I'm not sure if we will make any more moves for forwards unless one or more is shipped out.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
After a rough return from the break, today made me feel much better. The islanders have been playing hto, afternoon games seem to be one of our bugaboos and we were just dominant. Anderson looked as if he never left. From the very start of the game he was dialed in.

All 3 of those goals were beauties. They had 34 shots, but it was back to the start of the year when we were getting out shot. A lot of outside shots it seemed. Not a ridiculous amount of chances.

Boro wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but Claesson is just so much better.

I actually kinda liked the 11-7 combination today. Boucher lieks to mix it up with the forwards and it's kind of nice. Just want to see Hoffman get out there more.

Great game and I hope they come out and pound Buffalo who seems ot have our number.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
After a rough return from the break, today made me feel much better. The islanders have been playing hto, afternoon games seem to be one of our bugaboos and we were just dominant. Anderson looked as if he never left. From the very start of the game he was dialed in.

All 3 of those goals were beauties. They had 34 shots, but it was back to the start of the year when we were getting out shot. A lot of outside shots it seemed. Not a ridiculous amount of chances.

Boro wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but Claesson is just so much better.

I actually kinda liked the 11-7 combination today. Boucher lieks to mix it up with the forwards and it's kind of nice. Just want to see Hoffman get out there more.

Great game and I hope they come out and pound Buffalo who seems ot have our number.

The Isles are hot. We just need to only play teams who are on winning streaks from here on and we'll do great!

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So. Did the Sens hire some new guy from reddit to run their twitter or something?

I feel like there have been way more new age memes and stuff from them in the last while than all the years previous combined.

I sure as **** hope this isn't Anselmi's idea of 'rebranding'

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well, I would probably look to re-build the 4th line in the off season. Kelly and Neil should not be back next year, so it opens more spots. I would love to have Pyatt back and I would consider Wingels depending on his contract demands. Not sure about Lazar. I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone by the time next season begins. We also have Nick Paul in the minors and I suppose McCormick is an option as well. I would consider Boyle in free agency as a fourth line centre, but I'm not sure I would trade for him now. It would depend on the price.

I'm not really interested in older rental players who won't be here next year, which is one of the reasons I like the Wingels move. I think there's a decent chance he re-signs.

Right now we have a lot of bodies, so I'm not sure if we will make any more moves for forwards unless one or more is shipped out.

I feel just about the same as you do. Kelly and Neil should not get contracts to come back. Pyatt is fine. Wingels is still on my show me what you can do list. Lazar is the same as Wingels as he has failed to show much up to now. I am not convinced that Paul and McCormick will do. Time will tell. Hopefully White can make a case to stay on the team next year.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
So. Did the Sens hire some new guy from reddit to run their twitter or something?

I feel like there have been way more new age memes and stuff from them in the last while than all the years previous combined.

I think they got a new person(s?) either this seasons or last season to create content for them? Anyways I think theyre just being greenlit a lot more lately.

The main twitter guy is @craigmedaglia and then I think @woodzgoodz is one of the ones who creates the videos along with someone else I cant think of right now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Agreed.

Clearly the new president is a bit more dynamic and understanding of how marketing works these days.

I really don't get that video though... It's cute and all but is it referencing something?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I sure as **** hope this isn't Anselmi's idea of 'rebranding'

Baby steps. We'd finally be leaving 1995 as far as branding goes, it's going to require quite a few stabs to nail what works for us.

I don't care about twitter and social media but I know this kind of stuff matters: seeing the organization willing to engage on that front is a great sign.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Agreed.

Clearly the new president is a bit more dynamic and understanding of how marketing works these days.

I really don't get that video though... It's cute and all but is it referencing something?

I think it is just supposed to be funny because it is stylistically weird and random. Like anti humour ala Tim and Eric or stuff like that.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I think it is just supposed to be funny because it is stylistically weird and random. Like anti humour ala Tim and Eric or stuff like that.

That's it, it made me laugh for quite some time and I re-watched it over and over! That tune is catchy, Sens twitter guy...Great Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad