Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Senators Nov. 1 (7:30 p.m. Eastern, 4:30 p.m. Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
Roll 4 units of 5, with some revolutionary formations.

Michalek - Spezza
Karlsson
Methot - Gryba

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Cowen - Corvo

Conacher - Zibanejad
Karlsson
Phillips - Weircoch

Greening - Smith - Condra
Methot - Karlsson

I like the way you think, unfortunately, Chris Neil does not.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Roll 4 units of 5, with some revolutionary formations.

Michalek - Spezza
Karlsson
Methot - Gryba

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Cowen - Corvo

Conacher - Zibanejad
Karlsson
Phillips - Weircoch

Greening - Smith - Condra
Methot - Karlsson

Lol, I like this!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I like the way you think, unfortunately, Chris Neil does not.
You still get to dress 12 forwards, so you use Grant exclusively on the PK, and Neil can occasionally replace Condra, who would also be mostly used on the PK.

edit: didn't see that both Gryba and Wier were being used, so then maybe just scratch Grant, or maybe choose between Wier and Gryba.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
So funny to see people whining and demanding line shake ups and changes and when they come don't like what they see and demand their line up combination or the line ups that were originally in place. Are the majority of posters on this forum 8-15? Michalek has had 0 chemistry with Spezza, okay. He has 3 goals, and the 3 he has gotten could have come on any line. His assists are mainly being placed with finishers such as Spezza and Karlsson. I'm happy that 'Stache' is willing to shake things up to start a new month and get this ship in the right direction.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Aw yiss, Neil on the 1st line, or is it Spezza on the 3rd line? Anyways, imo an overreaction now that we're back in the East.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Neil will put himself in front of the goalie and hopefully encourage Spezza to use his cannon shot

I don't mind the move at all; yet

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Neil will put himself in front of the goalie and hopefully encourage Spezza to use his cannon shot

I don't mind the move at all; yet

Neil will be chirping at Spezza all game you can bet on that. Putting Spezza with two of the hardest working players will make him realize that the game is not just all pretty stuff.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It'll be interesting to see how far up the scoring chart Spezza moves after the next 2 games. He's played 2 or more less games than most of the players ahead of him in the scoring race right now. The next 3 games we have are against teams that shouldn't be hard to score against for a team as offensively talented as the Sens. Wouldn't be surprised if Spezza has 5 or 6 points over the next 3 games...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
:laugh: Not exactly what people thought would happen, I guess, seeing Spezza demoted to the 4th line is very amusing. :laugh: Or has Neil been promoted, hard to know. Well maybe Spezza can make them better players like people here keep saying how he makes players better, let's see. ;)

While I called for a huge shakeup even I didn't think PM would go this far but take heart, my guess is that it may last a shfif or two at the most. Never like to see guys not playing well or demoted but Pageau needs some time in Bingo to regain his confidence. Ottawa needs to be bigger, too many little players on a team at the same time is not a recipe for winning. Hopefully Stone will get the callup soon.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
:laugh: Not exactly what people thought would happen, I guess, seeing Spezza demoted to the 4th line is very amusing. :laugh: Or has Neil been promoted, hard to know. Well maybe Spezza can make them better players like people here keep saying how he makes players better, let's see. ;)

While I called for a huge shakeup even I didn't think PM would go this far but take heart, my guess is that it may last a shfif or two at the most. Never like to see guys not playing well or demoted but Pageau needs some time in Bingo to regain his confidence. Ottawa needs to be bigger, too many little players on a team at the same time is not a recipe for winning. Hopefully Stone will get the callup soon.

I don't think the coaches view things as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines. It's more just getting a combination of players that work.

Spezza will play a lot of minutes, and he'll probably see a rotation of wingers

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I like Neil on the first line with Spezza. At least once a game, it seems, Spezza will try a play from behind the net where he attempts to banks it in off of the goaltender. With Neil out in font Spezza will have another target for bank shots.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza makes other players better that's not just something people say...everyone he's played with has had their career years playing with him. There's a reason for that.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Neil will be chirping at Spezza all game you can bet on that. Putting Spezza with two of the hardest working players will make him realize that the game is not just all pretty stuff.

I hadn't considered that. Good point.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Spezza makes other players better that's not just something people say...everyone he's played with has had their career years playing with him. There's a reason for that.

:laugh: you mean Alfie made everyone better (younger Alfie obviously)

Spezza shows his true colors because he can't make anyone better and is the worst defensive player on the team. But ya keep dreaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad