Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part III

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Truly sad. We have a solid f*cking team. Isles fans are so fickle. Go out and support your damn team.

There's not enough of us to do it consistently. The only way the fans can realistically help is to spread the love of the game and get more people to convert to being Islanders fans. Winning certainly helps.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
There's not enough of us to do it consistently. The only way the fans can realistically help is to spread the love of the game and get more people to convert to being Islanders fans. Winning certainly helps.
I'm doing my part. My friend who moved up here from Laurel last week is going to his first ever NHL game with me tonight.

So try not to spend 40 minutes pinned in our own end tonight boys.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm doing my part. My friend who moved up here from Laurel last week is going to his first ever NHL game with me tonight.

So try not to spend 40 minutes pinned in our own end tonight boys.

At least he'll get to see Phil the Thrill no matter what happens.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
We go through this every year. Islander fans don't go to games in Oct. and early Nov. Things pick up around the holidays, and then, depending on team performance, either sag or continue decently the rest of the year. By now, I'd think we'd all be used to it, and it won't change until or unless the team establishes itself as a top-tier contender. Residue of being a clown-car franchise for most of the past 35 years.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We go through this every year. Islander fans don't go to games in Oct. and early Nov. Things pick up around the holidays, and then, depending on team performance, either sag or continue decently the rest of the year. By now, I'd think we'd all be used to it, and it won't change until or unless the team establishes itself as a top-tier contender. Residue of being a clown-car franchise for most of the past 35 years.

With all of the arena switching and whatnot, everyone has forgotten and has made excuses as for why their particular preference isn't doing well.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Its funny - I always use the "Coyotes on a weekday in October" as an example of a game that has absolutely no draw to it. And that's what we have here. Its going to be a long while before we have anything close to a sell out of a game like this. And its a shame that the Flyers game couldn't be at 4/5pm on Sunday but it looks like the Flyers are playing the night before at 7pm and I think there's a league rule that you can't have a game within 24 hours of another game so that one has to start at 7pm unfortunately.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
With all of the arena switching and whatnot, everyone has forgotten and has made excuses as for why their particular preference isn't doing well.

Neither arena does well unless they win. As a season ticket holder, the Islanders have been an embarassment for so long that yes, I don't see why people are surprised that they have to earn fans in order to expand.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If anyone here isn't storing their ticket books like memorabilia that will one day put your kids through college, can you do me a favor? I'm looking for some extra stubs from last night's game.

Please PM me if you have a few to spare.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Asking again... Does anyone have stubs from the October 27, 2019 game that they don't mind dropping in the mail?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I asked my rep about a month ago and she said early March for renewals. I didn't ask about the post-season.
Thanks. I'm going on the assumption that post season prices will be tied to renewals and I really hope they make the first two rounds the same price as your seats like they did last year.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
On the renewal FAQ page:

"Unfortunately, due to the increased number of season ticket memberships this year, we are no longer offering additional strips for purchase."

Honestly, the strips were great, but I didn't like the "fast fingers wins" setup.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
On the renewal FAQ page:

"Unfortunately, due to the increased number of season ticket memberships this year, we are no longer offering additional strips for purchase."

Honestly, the strips were great, but I didn't like the "fast fingers wins" setup.

As someone with fast fingers, I’m upset.

on a serious note, I feel like they used this announcement to jack up prices.

I don’t believe for a second that they don’t have extra playoff stops to give.

The increase they gave me makes this far from an automatic decision.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
on a serious note, I feel like they used this announcement to jack up prices.

Of course they did! The team is back at Nassau 100% next season, so they must figure that the demand for packages is going up. Also, getting a full season package for next year gives you a chance at better seats at Belmont next year, so that's gotta be incentive too.

Is anyone else getting error messages when they try to make a payment? I LOVE when you want to give someone money and they are seemingly not interested or able to accept your payment.... o_O

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah the increase is huge. I'm in upper center ice, lower rows, 25%.

I don't know how much of that is because this year was my first year as a full season ticket member so maybe they cut me an upgrade deal last year?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yeah the increase is huge. I'm in upper center ice, lower rows, 25%.

I don't know how much of that is because this year was my first year as a full season ticket member so maybe they cut me an upgrade deal last year?
Everyone had to know increases were coming. That's the price we'll pay for playing in a stripped down arena with no revenue generators. It's temporary folks.

Wait until we move into Belmont and you see those prices. Bwahahaha!!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I got a $15 a game price increase. Last row of 128. Going from $64 aav to $79 aav.

kb24

Sep 8, 2019
I got a smaller increase in 112. 68 to 72
But having all the games in coliseum adds 20$(parking) for every ticket because it is a single seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad