Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If you are looking to sell Barclays weekday games, expect about $.30 on the dollar....at least when you look at the average ticket price you end up paying. The Islanders assign a random face price to each game based - I'm assuming - on how desirable the game. So if you go off that ticket price, you may not end up losing too much. But there will be games like the Coyotes on a Tuesday in April that you'll be lucky to get 25% of what you pay (at least from the average ticket price).

Just keep that in mind. Although I suspect they'll have Barclays for opening night, both Rags games and a number of weekend games to dampen the impact of Brooklyn.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if there is a game that is unsellable and you don't want to go, you were able to return it for a credit and use the credit later on. We did that with 3 games this season.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
If you are looking to sell Barclays weekday games, expect about $.30 on the dollar....at least when you look at the average ticket price you end up paying. The Islanders assign a random face price to each game based - I'm assuming - on how desirable the game. So if you go off that ticket price, you may not end up losing too much. But there will be games like the Coyotes on a Tuesday in April that you'll be lucky to get 25% of what you pay (at least from the average ticket price).

Just keep that in mind. Although I suspect they'll have Barclays for opening night, both Rags games and a number of weekend games to dampen the impact of Brooklyn.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if there is a game that is unsellable and you don't want to go, you were able to return it for a credit and use the credit later on. We did that with 3 games this season.

Thanks again for the info guys.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I ended up renewing...$73 a seat still seems reasonable looking at what coliseum games are going for on the secondary market. But with the news that Joe Tsai is about to purchase majority control of Barclays (which I believe also includes NYCB Live), I think we may see a deal with the league
that allows the isles to move to the coliseum full time, if the NHL can get more exposure in China as a result. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
FYI Playoff invoices are out, and first round strips are on presale for STHs.

What’s weird is my invoice shows the correct price for the second round ($49 per seat) but my first round invoice is significantly higher ($65 per seat)... anyone else getting that?

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
FYI Playoff invoices are out, and first round strips are on presale for STHs.

What’s weird is my invoice shows the correct price for the second round ($49 per seat) but my first round invoice is significantly higher ($65 per seat)... anyone else getting that?

Strips are additional seats for purchase right? I got the playoff invoice too - but I think strips are for full STH only?

Edit: nevermind, got the email about the strips.

Things are looking very light on inventory, only a few sections with any seats, and it's starting at $392.

Last edited:

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Strips are additional seats for purchase right? I got the playoff invoice too - but I think strips are for full STH only?

Things are looking very light on inventory, only a few sections with any seats, and it's starting at $392.
Yeah I saw the same, most of the cheaper seats I think got snagged.

For your invoice, were your first two rounds the same as your STH price?

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah I saw the same, most of the cheaper seats I think got snagged.

For your invoice, were your first two rounds the same as your STH price?

Since I'm a half-season subscriber, the prices are up about $18 over my seat price for round 1 - but for round two it's double price.

In the last few minutes I've been watching those seats disappear!

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!

$392 for 4 games?

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005

That was VERY frustrating. I had a partial plan. All that went on sale were seats behind the next and corners. A few in the lower levels in the corners.

It was select your seats. It took me 30-40 minutes to finally be able to add seats to my cart as my seats were "picked by another user."

I got (3) in 212 row 13 for $96 a game.

Can't imagine that there is will be much available tomorrow for the single game pre-sale and likely nothing for public onsale. These tickets are going to be $$$$ on secondary market.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks.

Of all the years for me to drop my season tickets, I had to pick this season...Oy.

Pretty much everything was snapped up fast - perhaps a full STH can confirm, but I think full STH got earlier access to the strips, then half STH, and so on. I got the email this morning, and there wasn't much left at all. There's only a couple of seats left as I type this.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
That was VERY frustrating. I had a partial plan. All that went on sale were seats behind the next and corners. A few in the lower levels in the corners.

It was select your seats. It took me 30-40 minutes to finally be able to add seats to my cart as my seats were "picked by another user."

I got (3) in 212 row 13 for $96 a game.

Can't imagine that there is will be much available tomorrow for the single game pre-sale and likely nothing for public onsale. These tickets are going to be $$$$ on secondary market.

Seats seem to sporadically become available and unavailable too.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Pretty much everything was snapped up fast - perhaps a full STH can confirm, but I think full STH got earlier access to the strips, then half STH, and so on. I got the email this morning, and there wasn't much left at all. There's only a couple of seats left as I type this.

Yes. Full season ticket holders had first dibs at 9Am. That is why all the good seats were gone. I had a partial plan and went at 11AM, but the email didn't come until 11:10. I spend 40 minutes trying to pull a pair into my cart. Finally was able to checkout.

The new TM select your own seats is garbage. They need to go back to best available.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Yes. Full season ticket holders had first dibs at 9Am. That is why all the good seats were gone. I had a partial plan and went at 11AM, but the email didn't come until 11:10. I spend 40 minutes trying to pull a pair into my cart. Finally was able to checkout.

The new TM select your own seats is garbage. They need to go back to best available.

Was this supposed to be a surprise this morning? I didn't receive any advance communication about when they would do this sale.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yes - I think I'm a dummy. For some reason I thought it was for one game at a time. I'm new to this. :laugh:
Don't feel bad. I automatically assumed it was for only 3 games because we never have home ice in the playoffs.:o

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Don't feel bad. I automatically assumed it was for only 3 games because we never have home ice in the playoffs.:o

True! It makes me feel better that even if I knew what I was doing and acted faster there weren't really good seats left after the full STH got their pick. As it was I logged in, for some reason assumed this was one game at a time, and when I realized what was going on everything else was gone. At least my round 1 seats are at a good price, but for extra people I'm gonna have to hit that secondary market - or I guess see what happens with the individual game sales.

Reactions: MJF

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
True! It makes me feel better that even if I knew what I was doing and acted faster there weren't really good seats left after the full STH got their pick. As it was I logged in, for some reason assumed this was one game at a time, and when I realized what was going on everything else was gone. At least my round 1 seats are at a good price, but for extra people I'm gonna have to hit that secondary market - or I guess see what happens with the individual game sales.

I think secondary market is going to be an all-time high for a Nassau playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->