Islanders releasing new alts on Monday

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
AY1lj9U.jpg

I'd buy that.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Looks fine to me. Don't understand why they tried for so long to make black work. Islanders wearing black was a travesty and it seems all of their fans hated it.
It was a Brooklyn thing. But I guess the fact that people don't even show up for the Nets wasn't a good hint that Brooklyn doesn't care about sports.

Reactions: sabremike

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm so tired of this idea that "simple" is what all teams should strive for.

These are really boring. Look like knockoffs you'd find at a flea market.
I think they missed an opportunity to go with an alternate logo here to see what response it gets.

I’ve seen some interesting concept logos using a lighthouse that seemed pretty cool and would have been a good look.

Kind of how the kings are using the logo they used on their altenates a few years ago as their main logo. Personally, I liked either the shield or large crown from their purple and black jerseys better.

I wouldn’t have brought back the fisherman logo.

Isles jerseys today have not changed from from when. They entered the league so going with something new would have been the way to go IMO.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Plain and boring. I agree with others, this was a perfect opportunity to introduce a new logo like the lighthouse concept and they completely dropped the ball.

Last edited:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Minimalistic is often very nice. This ones pretty boring. Not bad, but not great.

Minimalist can be great, but so can Busy designs. Imo the color scheme dictates which you should do

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Would have preferred orange, but these are okay. Wish they'd put something on the shoulders. Making it orange instead of blue would have improved it way more, it's redundant to me when teams have two jerseys of the same color.

Glad it's not a full-blown throwback. Third jerseys should not be throwbacks. Wear throwbacks on an occasion here and there, but there's no need to that boring and have a lack of creativity.

Hoping the Isles have some gear with the new NY logo on it aside from the jersey though, nice to have something else to use instead of just the regular logo.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Dear Isles mgmt:

Just make orange alternates of your current jersey set. There, you now have one of the best trio of jerseys in the league.

Hugs & kisses,

- NFS

*dictated, not read

That's what I think they should have done too. I liked the stadium series jersey but I dunno, this one feels incomplete.

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
I'm so tired of this idea that "simple" is what all teams should strive for.

These are really boring. Look like knockoffs you'd find at a flea market.

Agree.

Modern marketing approach.......and I dont like it.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm very curious about the ages of the pro-fisherman jersey fans. I remember when they wore them in the mid 90s I was horrified. I remember being so happy they went back to a more classic look. They are widely accepted as one of the ugliest jersey's ever made. I'm shocked at how many people here wanted to see them again.

I will say this though, the lighthouse logo is amazing. I'd love a 3rd with that. I can even get behind a 3rd with the wave & the lighthouse logo. But the fisherman is just awful.

Reactions: Isles Shawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad