Islanders releasing new alts on Monday

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I liked the Stadium Series jersey, so I'm on board with this as well.

Honestly I'm just glad they did NOT resurrect the fisherman jersey, which was bad on so many levels.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Pretty much every team released an awesome throwback jersey aside from the Jets.

Leave it to the Isles to ruin it. Should have went fisherman, wave, or some combo of those. They could have even used the Lighthouse logo from the fisherman shoulder as the main crest. They also could have went orange with this same template and made it look better.

Total fail as usual.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Clean, simple, and basic. Looks pretty good in my opinion. All these clean and basic jerseys, I see NHL is ready for the advertisements on them.

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
As I said on the Isles page — horrible!
Looks like elements are missing.
If the Orange 3rd's were called "Pumpkin" Id call these "blueberry."

This team has never been able to make a viable third jersey — never. Everytime they have tried to mess with the Islanders logo, they have either come up with something TERRIBLE or they "bastardize" the one they have.

As a designer, the Isles logo is kind of "weak" but it works as well. The reason it works is because everything on the logo ties in nicely — take a piece off, and it visually turns to crapola. Which is exactly what we have with these jerseys.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I'm so tired of this idea that "simple" is what all teams should strive for.

These are really boring. Look like knockoffs you'd find at a flea market.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Not bad. Just happy they ran far away from those horrible black 3rds they had a few years ago

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Oh God I just had the greatest idea ever: they should've put a patch of Honky the White Honda SUV on the shoulders. That would've been the most epic troll job ever and lead to the jersey becoming a Gritty level sensation.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008
I think it's decent, which automatically makes it the best Isles third ever. The modified NY logo would look much better on a hat though.

I have a soft spot for the fisherman, but I think the only time to bring it back is when we're finally good again. Otherwise, it's just a reminder of some of our dark(er) days.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I really liked the stadium series. I like this one too. It's kind of boring, but that's OK. Frankly, with a franchise like the NYI, boring is better. When they attempt to do something unique it always looks like a hot mess. This is the best 3rd they've had yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->