Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ RANGERS 1/13

3 Stars

• Total voters

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, these kids really needs time to train AND especially recover.

Definitely think it would make more sense to design a schedule for him in NY that affords him the opportunity to workout hard, recover and play games but also sitting out a few.

I kind of wonder if he'll have a strong end to the season after getting some time to rest over the all star break

sometimes rest and some chance to step back for a moment can make a big difference.

Reactions: Ola

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Marioesque?

You mean because they both wear ice skates?
I’ve made the same comparison before.

OBVIOUSLY he’s not the same player; Mario would have challenged the Great One’s records if his health had been better. But I see flashes that definitely remind me; it’s part of why I’ve been so excited about him since his first training camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRangers16

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Improvement.

shotPlot-25-5v5-cor.png
shotPlot-25-5v5-xG.png

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Anyone besides me think that it quite possibly could have been a game plan to "take out" Martin in hopes of disturbing their 4th line in which we all KNOW is quite possibly the BEST 4th line in the NHL?
Leta face it though.....could be genius or luck. It worked.
True we lost Smith.......ummmm, what do you all think?

Reactions: Ola

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Thursday night might end up being a bloodbath as Philes will be looking for bigtime revenge after our curb stomping of them.

This game has the feel of a playoff game as it will be our first game since we beat them and than we play them again next week. I'm just hoping we can keep this close tho we might have the the Philes kryptonite in net as I can't see Quinn not playing Georgie again as I believe he's either 3-1 or 4-1 vs them...so who knows maybe we can pull off the upset!

This will be must see TV as I wouldn't even be surprised if we see a "line brawl" at beginning of game as you just know the Islanders are going to want to send a message in their barn from the outset after what we did to them the other day.

I for one cannot wait for the game as it's easily going to be our biggest game of the year no doubt!!

Reactions: leetch99 and ohbaby

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone besides me think that it quite possibly could have been a game plan to "take out" Martin in hopes of disturbing their 4th line in which we all KNOW is quite possibly the BEST 4th line in the NHL?
Leta face it though.....could be genius or luck. It worked.
True we lost Smith.......ummmm, what do you all think?

Hehe I posted this half jokingly in the GDT. Seriously though, I think it was luck that they were tossed. The fight?

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I Love these NY minutes....

The soundtrack sounds like something from Quentin Tarantino's next movie. LOL

Reactions: BreadKick

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Thursday night might end up being a bloodbath as Philes will be looking for bigtime revenge after our curb stomping of them.

This game has the feel of a playoff game as it will be our first game since we beat them and than we play them again next week. I'm just hoping we can keep this close tho we might have the the Philes kryptonite in net as I can't see Quinn not playing Georgie again as I believe he's either 3-1 or 4-1 vs them...so who knows maybe we can pull off the upset!

This will be must see TV as I wouldn't even be surprised if we see a "line brawl" at beginning of game as you just know the Islanders are going to want to send a message in their barn from the outset after what we did to them the other day.

I for one cannot wait for the game as it's easily going to be our biggest game of the year no doubt!!

Years ago it would play out that way, but can't remember last time it's happened. There will probably be 1 or 2 fights between the usual guys, but the line brawl days are probably just distant memories.

Reactions: ohbaby

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Years ago it would play out that way, but can't remember last time it's happened. There will probably be 1 or 2 fights between the usual guys, but the line brawl days are probably just distant memories.

Yeah me probably being a bit overzealous in my thinking there might be a line brawl seeing as you correctly say unlike the 80’s,90’s and even into the 2000’s, line brawls are quite rare indeed these days.

You got me thinking now tho and the last line brawl I can recall was when we had Prust...so it’s got to be 9-10 years ago.

I think it was against the Debbies at home and it happened opening face off...does that ring a bell?. If I recall, Torts and DeBour looked like they were going to go at it...it was epic!.

I’ll check later on as I gotta meet some clients.

Bottom line maybe no line brawl but Thursday night easily as I said previously, will easily, at least for me it will be, the most important and most anticipated game of the season.

Can’t wait for tomorrow as it will be appointment TV!!

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Same goalie on Thursday for us!

Georgiev was really good for them last game.

I wonder if they'll think about sending down Shesterkin to get him a game this weekend and call him right back up, maybe even give him the last game vs the Islanders.

Reactions: nyrleetch

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Cloutier challenging the entire Isles bench is such a great memory.

Because I'm old, the one I always think of was against the Bruins in '71 or '72. Before the game, Giacomin goes to Sanderson and says something. Crowd goes wild. Puck drops, every Ranger starts swinging. Wish that tape still existed.

Reactions: Kaapo di tutti capi

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Because I'm old, the one I always think of was against the Bruins in '71 or '72. Before the game, Giacomin goes to Sanderson and says something. Crowd goes wild. Puck drops, every Ranger starts swinging. Wish that tape still existed.

Checked back it was '70 and I botched the details. Found the NY Times story about it and it was on the front page of the news section. Will try and post it for anyone interested.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I know Tony D will be dropping them after what happened at the end of the last game. You can bet on it.

But even better, I want to see 5 Bread kicks tomorrow!

Reactions: BreadKick

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah me probably being a bit overzealous in my thinking there might be a line brawl seeing as you correctly say unlike the 80’s,90’s and even into the 2000’s, line brawls are quite rare indeed these days.

You got me thinking now tho and the last line brawl I can recall was when we had Prust...so it’s got to be 9-10 years ago.

I think it was against the Debbies at home and it happened opening face off...does that ring a bell?. If I recall, Torts and DeBour looked like they were going to go at it...it was epic!.

I’ll check later on as I gotta meet some clients.

Bottom line maybe no line brawl but Thursday night easily as I said previously, will easily, at least for me it will be, the most important and most anticipated game of the season.

Can’t wait for tomorrow as it will be appointment TV!!

I guess I still have some brain cells left afterall as I was right about Rangers vs Debs as I just checked.

Rangers and Devils did in fact have a line brawl March of 2012 as Torts hilariously put Stu Bickel at center for opening draw vs Ryan Carter.

Watching Mike Rupp rag doll Eric Boulton...I can't stop smiling.

Seeing Prust again brings back very good memories.

I tell ya, if something like this did happen tomorrow at the Coliseum as unlikely as it happening, it would be f***ing epic!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->