GDT: Islanders-Penguins. February 11, 2011

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Gervais got a dead leg blocking that Michalik clapper. He’ll be ok.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Tangready just turtled on Trevor Gillies. Haley finished off Maxim Talbot. Now Brent Johnson is going with Haley lol. I think he wants to fight everyone on the ice.

Man these benches are gonna be empty by the last minute of the period.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
3 minutes left and each team has 4 guys left on the bench :laugh:

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Sorry I missed it last night. What I seem to remember and is seldom talked about was it just wasn't the 1 game before, we had 3 games before this in just over a month against the Pens and they took all kinds of cheap shots against us in all 3 prior to the 2/11 game (especially DP) that was not called. Prior to the 2 February games was another game in late January and one in late December where they kept running our goalies. I dont think DP played in the January game but I think the December game was his first game back from injury and someone (I want to say Cooke ) just ran him over when the puck went behind the net, they also took some wacks at him as they skated through his crease a few times (almost want to say a slew foot in one of the games). I admit my memory is not the best for details at times but I remember being really pissed before the Comeau/DP game right before this one. Many made the Isles to be 100% at fault but the penguins were a cheap team and went out of their way to go after a goalie who was coming off injury to intimidate us Honestly , I don't advocate this stuff in general but thought that 2/11 beatdown was just what they deserved.. That Penguins team was a dirty team . Just typing this made my blood boil.

Edit: I said my memory was not great. It started even earlier . I looked back and found the 10/15 game when cooke ran over DP 3 times in the same game (one he pushed a defender into him after the whistle). Found it on YouTube but still dont know how to add links correctly here lol. Cooke was called for these but think there were a number of obvious non-calls in the later games ..

Last edited:
Reactions: PROMputt

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Sorry I missed it last night. What I seem to remember and is seldom talked about was it just wasn't the 1 game before, we had 3 games before this in just over a month against the Pens and they took all kinds of cheap shots against us in all 3 prior to the 2/11 game (especially DP) that was not called. Prior to the 2 February games was another game in late January and one in late December where they kept running our goalies. I dont think DP played in the January game but I think the December game was his first game back from injury and someone (I want to say Cooke ) just ran him over when the puck went behind the net, they also took some wacks at him as they skated through his crease a few times (almost want to say a slew foot in one of the games). I admit my memory is not the best for details at times but I remember being really pissed before the Comeau/DP game right before this one. Many made the Isles to be 100% at fault but the penguins were a cheap team and went out of their way to go after a goalie who was coming off injury to intimidate us Honestly , I don't advocate this stuff in general but thought that 2/11 beatdown was just what they deserved.. That Penguins team was a dirty team . Just typing this made my blood boil.

Edit: I said my memory was not great. It started even earlier . I looked back and found the 10/15 game when cooke ran over DP 3 times in the same game (one he pushed a defender into him after the whistle). Found it on YouTube but still dont know how to add links correctly here lol. Cooke was called for these but think there were a number of obvious non-calls in the later games ..

Mario, with Cooke and Talbot on his team, whined and cried about the beatdown they received. What a hypocrite.

Reactions: Quicklime

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This man deserves a statue in front of the Belmont Arena of him beating the piss out of the Penguins while Mario cries:
20191012_190055.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->