Speculation: Islanders need a defenceman?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah the Islanders are in a rough spot now. A lot of needs and really not to much they can give up to fill those needs in a trade.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
This is silly. No chance the Isles trade for a defenseman. They have 3 guys out fairly short-term (Hamonic is the most at a month) and have basically 8 or 9 NHL ready defensemen, with significant holes elsewhere on the roster that need to be addressed.
They will be so far out of a playoff spot by the time those guys come back. Stick a fork in them, they are done!

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Do you have any underperforming/overpriced forwards you're looking to move.

Ducks have Stoner whose a good 5th defenseman, just not for 3.250 @ 2 years. Our forwards are awful.

Cap is an issue for the ducks so it would have to be no more than equal cap hit coming back.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

Ducks have Stoner whose a good 5th defenseman, just not for 3.250 @ 2 years. Our forwards are awful.

Cap is an issue for the ducks so it would have to be no more than equal cap hit coming back.

There's no chance we trade for Stoner. If anything, we'd try to buy Silfverberg, even though it's very unlikely he's available.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

The Islanders do not need a defenseman.

The OP was under the impression Hamonic was out long term when he's actually playing tonight.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Islanders do not need a defenseman.

The OP was under the impression Hamonic was out long term when he's actually playing tonight.

Isn't Hamonic rushing back? How does a player go from a 4-6 week original diagnosis, to missing about 2 games and about a week?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Isn't Hamonic rushing back? How does a player go from a 4-6 week original diagnosis, to missing about 2 games and about a week?

Desperate times, desperate measures. It's a broken thumb. If he can hold a stick, and not do further damage, then he can help on D.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think Hamonic is gonna test out the thumb, see how it goes. If he plays 5:54 minutes and it doesn't go well, I think the claim someone or trade a 7th for someone. If it goes well then we continue on.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I think Hamonic is gonna test out the thumb, see how it goes. If he plays 5:54 minutes and it doesn't go well, I think the claim someone or trade a 7th for someone. If it goes well then we continue on.

So they put a hairline fracture on the ice where it turns into a compound fracture. It is like the past 20 years of fate butt ****** them at every opportunity taught them nothing.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So they put a hairline fracture on the ice where it turns into a compound fracture. It is like the past 20 years of fate butt ****** them at every opportunity taught them nothing.

No kidding.

I'd be slashing the **** out of that hand if I'm an opposing player.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I seriously doubt this will result in a compound fracture

Have you ever had your finger go numb from just one slash when your glove shifted? It happens more than rarely. If he is already sporting a fracture it is ready to go. One more solid slash and we see ten more threads calling the Islanders morons.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
But it's listed as upper body injury. How could anyone know it's a thumb?

LOL. It is listed as bottom of ankle (Garf stragedy)

Islanders need a coaching staff, GM, wing for Tavares, a new ice surface, Wang to give the rest of his shares to Ledecky...

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
There's no chance we trade for Stoner. If anything, we'd try to buy Silfverberg, even though it's very unlikely he's available.

I honestly think Isles season is done. Had so many home games but can't win many. It is time to sell and pile up some 2018 picks, especially the 1st two rounds. Move one of of Strome/Nelson or Lee for top 2 round picks in 2018 and hope Jake Wise can drop in Isles lap.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think everyone saw that the Islanders were not as good on paper as they were the past two seasons and I was probably one of the most pessimistic. But even I didn't think they would fall this far! They are going to be hard pressed to turn it around with some of the dog contracts they've given out over the past few seasons.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Do you enjoy pain?

Do you want to worth ethic of Bobby Orr mixed with the skills of a sea cucumber?

Do you enjoy watching odd man rushes against?

How about watching pinches at the worst times?

"But LeafsrockforBabcock, we couldn't ever possibly find someone THAT dreamy"

That's where you are wrong! We have a special, limited time offer that you would be insane to pass up.

Call Lou in the next 7 days, and we'll send you a gently used Hunwik to fill all of your defensive needs.

But wait, there's more!

Call in the next 30 minutes, and we'll throw in Hyman for free! Yes that's right, you get everything mentioned before, plus a plug to throw on the wing to ruin the production of your star players! Call now with your NHL trade forms ready!

* Disclaimer: TML and it's affiliates are not responsible for any liver damage, damage to your belongings in vicinity to where you watch games, damage to your walls caused by bashing your head against them, and reputation damage to your coaching staff. Players ship as sold, no refunds.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
But it's listed as upper body injury. How could anyone know it's a thumb?

LOL. It is listed as bottom of ankle (Garf stragedy)

Islanders need a coaching staff, GM, wing for Tavares, a new ice surface, Wang to give the rest of his shares to Ledecky...

He blocked a shot against the Oilers...clearly hurting his hand...lef the game..never returned..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad