Speculation: Islanders need a defenceman?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Last thing NYI need is another LW, so I doubt they'd want Tkachuk no matter how good he's been. Maybe they could target Monahan or Bennett as a 2C, but I dunno if CGY would be interested inn that.

Hamonic + Strome + MDC

for

Hamilton + Monahan/Bennett + 2nd :dunno: just trying something

Well if the biggest need is a RH shot winger then it might not work. Tkachuk probably doesn't make sense because he's still pretty raw and the Islanders are probably looking for someone a little more ready to contribute. Monahan probably doesn't make sense to the NYI given his salary. Islanders would be taking on a ton of money in that type of deal with both Hamilton and Monahan coming. Bennett makes the most sense imo because he can play wing as well (not sure about RW though), and is more ready to contribute. However, I'm not sure Calgary is in any position to be giving up top 6 players right now unless they believe Strome and MDC can both become quality top 6ers for them in the near future.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
berube for greene Gravel is playing well making greene available and La gets a goalie to fill in till quick gets back Greene is playing well but gravel is playing better win win

Why our current goalie is much better than Berube. Although moving Greene would be nice as I would rather see our young guys playing.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Mayfield sucks but yea, Isles aren't gonna give up assets for a 2-3 week bandaid.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nick Schultz makes sense. Currently healthy scratch for Flyers. Cheap vet D that can kill penalties and on expiring contract. Hes yours for a 5th round pick.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Yup. Leddy, Hamonic, Boychuk, de Haan, Pulock, Hickey.

Two of those are going to be exposed. If anything, when healthy the Isles might consider trading de Haan in a package deal. He's the most likely to be exposed. He also happens to be the steadiest defenseman we have.

I can't even imagine the ****storm that would unleash in all the Islander message boards. This season is toast now that Seidenberg is done, but still, who else is going to play defense for us? Wutherspoon?

I like saying Wotherspoon. With a name like that you just know his best friends are named Muffy, Biff, and Laramie.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I can't even imagine the ****storm that would unleash in all the Islander message boards. This season is toast now that Seidenberg is done, but still, who else is going to play defense for us? Wutherspoon?

Savior Scott Mayfield along with Brian Strait....20 min toi a game.

ECSTASY!!!!!11!!

I like saying Wotherspoon. With a name like that you just know his best friends are named Muffy, Biff, and Laramie.

I've got the George Carlin "I'm getting sick of guys named Todd" skit running through my head reading that.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Yup. Leddy, Hamonic, Boychuk, de Haan, Pulock, Hickey.

Two of those are going to be exposed. If anything, when healthy the Isles might consider trading de Haan in a package deal. He's the most likely to be exposed and taken. He also happens to be the steadiest defenseman we have.

Protect all 5 (except Hickey) along with JT, Ladd, Nelson and lose Strome. That's what I'd do rather than lose CDH.

Ideally though you are right we would package 2 guys together for an upgrade or trade one for someone exempt, but I don't know if that'll happen.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They'll just call up Mayfield.

Makes no sense when this guy needs a legitimate look in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->