Islanders name Anders Lee captain

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
And will be dropping like a rock this season without JT.
Like a rock? If he gets 31, does that count? Because he should hit thirty easily still in a full season.

Feel free to watch his forty goal season, break down how many were due to JT and get back to me. Ten minute video, should be easy enough for you.

Lee needs point shots, not whatever you think Judas was doing to set him up.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Like a rock? If he gets 31, does that count? Because he should hit thirty easily still in a full season.

Feel free to watch his forty goal season, break down how many were due to JT and get back to me. Ten minute video, should be easy enough for you.

Lee needs point shots, not whatever you think Judas was doing to set him up.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Just like Barzal needs to do it again? He is a good soldier who did what the coach asked, which directly affected his goal scoring. 25 as a rookie probably goes in the plus column, though.

Barzal arguably does need to repeat. But there’s a difference between going 1 for 1 and going 2 for 4.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Watch the video the proof is in the pudding.

Tavares had 9 primary assists on Lee’s 40 goals.
Also note that some were shots by Tavares that Lee cleaned up off of the rebound but that still counts.

So even without Tavares 9 primary assists Lee is still a 30+ goal scorer.

Lee is such a MONSTER.

Actually seems like Bailey is the real catalyst.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My guess was they would have either given the C to Lee or Boychuk(that or just have a bunch of assistants), so not surprising

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
Good for Lee, I’ve met him a couple of times. He’s a great guy. Should be a good leader/captain. Not going to acknowledge the _____ and the ______ fans.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Definition of perennial:

lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

Notify the dictionary that the definition of perennial now means anything lasting longer than a year.

He’s had 30+ goals twice, with a superstar centre, who has boosted the stats of his line mates since he entered the league. We will see this season how good Lee is without Tavares.

I’m sure his shooting percentage of nearly 20% is sustainable (it’s not, unless you are Stamkos who somehow manages an incredible ~17% over a decade).

I’m sure he’s a good character guy but he’s definitely not a star in the league. He may be one if we are strictly talking about the talent on the Islanders.

Aren't you also the guy that predicted Barzal would score 35 points last year? You don't exactly have the most reliable opinion around here.

Here are Lee's 40 goals last year. As you will see, Tavares had less to do with this, than Lee had to do with it. Proof once again you are wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->