Islanders name Anders Lee captain

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Definition of perennial:

lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

Notify the dictionary that the definition of perennial now means anything lasting longer than a year.

He’s had 30+ goals twice, with a superstar centre, who has boosted the stats of his line mates since he entered the league. We will see this season how good Lee is without Tavares.

I’m sure his shooting percentage of nearly 20% is sustainable (it’s not, unless you are Stamkos who somehow manages an incredible ~17% over a decade).

I’m sure he’s a good character guy but he’s definitely not a star in the league. He may be one if we are strictly talking about the talent on the Islanders.

You have not a remote idea of what you are talking about. If you watch his goals yes his shooting percentage is sustainable bc they’re all in front of the net. He’s a cleanup guy so traditional percentage numbers don’t really apply as much when you consider regression (as if 160 games isn’t enough :laugh:)

He also scored 25 goals in his rookie year, not playing with that bitch Tavares. Sit down

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
For those who don't get it, to give a Biblical analogy:

Anders Lee is to Peter (the Rock) what Pajama boy is to Judas.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Trotz gave an interview on TSN1050 radio recently, and the first guy he mentioned when talking about the team was Lee, and the only guy he talked about more than once. It was clear that the coach thought a lot of Lee.

Good guy, and the right pick from what I can see.

Reactions: ds4130

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
This is no surprise to Islanders fans. He is absolutely the best candidate and you shouldn't hear a single fan complain about the pick. Lee is a natural leader and a great overall person by all accounts.
Pretty much this.

It's absolutely amazing how many people don't watch the Isles then act shocked at these things lol

As soon as we lost JT the easy answer for new captain was Lee. He's outspoken, actually has a personality, actually has a voice, scores 30-40Gs, will stand up for teammates, and does a TON for the community along with his Kanjam charity.

Reactions: ds4130

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That's outta left field. Not a star player and I never really saw him as a leader

Only star players can be Captain? This was the complete opposite from out of left field. My only concern would be he needs to be signed or he's a UFA, but I suppose even if they lose him, him having the C for the year is good for the team.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
As a Habs fan, considering what we experienced with Pacioretty, I don't know if picking a scorer is a good choice as captain (putting too much pressure on yourself) but he definitely sounds qualified for the role.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He's definitely been a star these past two seasons but he's only put up 30-40 in two of the four "full" seasons he's played and one of the seasons he didn't was especially bad. 50% isn't perennial. I think he can earn that title if he does it again this season though.
Just like Barzal needs to do it again? He is a good soldier who did what the coach asked, which directly affected his goal scoring. 25 as a rookie probably goes in the plus column, though.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Definition of perennial:

lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

Notify the dictionary that the definition of perennial now means anything lasting longer than a year.

He’s had 30+ goals twice, with a superstar centre, who has boosted the stats of his line mates since he entered the league. We will see this season how good Lee is without Tavares.

I’m sure his shooting percentage of nearly 20% is sustainable (it’s not, unless you are Stamkos who somehow manages an incredible ~17% over a decade).

I’m sure he’s a good character guy but he’s definitely not a star in the league. He may be one if we are strictly talking about the talent on the Islanders.
Lee does not need Tavares, he will get his goals anyway. His shooting percentage will go down, as he will take shots from further out as needed.
Your definition of star may be flawed.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Definition of perennial:

Lee actually proved on more than 1 occasion that he can produce without Pajama Boy. So while playing with a #1 Center helps it wasn’t always the case.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Definition of perennial:

You have no f***ing idea what you're talking about.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad