GDT: Islanders @ Leafs | Dec 29, 7PM | CBC | Tavares Faces His Former Team (Read mod notes in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wam_raven

Mar 2, 2007
Now that Freddy’s worth is demonstrated, what stops him from taking complete advantage of the situation and demanding a mutual contract termination and new deal for twice as much money? He can’t be happy watching all the deals signed when he knows he’s the only part of the team that matters.

You think our cap problem is bad now, imagine he grew a pair and demanded this. Blah blah contract blah blah CBA. Replace me then. That’s my response as Freddy. You’ll see teams start to cave when players catch up to the NBA mindset.

Reactions: Canadian Finn

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
You could tell early it was going to be one of these games.

Just a reminder, some of us were rooting for Nylander to be traded for a defenseman.

Have a nice night. Go Leafs Go!

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Thankfully this is only late December. Hopefully Andersen won't be out long and won't go down again. This is what I worried about, needing to rely on Sparks, but it's early and we already banked some points.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
It was 0-0 when the linesman called the offside , could have been a whole different game

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Well... that last goal on Sparks was brutal . Barzal with the natural hat trick lol.... what a joke tonight. Leafs look bad.

No I don't think the wheels are coming off. Every team has off nights but this has to be the worst they've played.

First period sparks was good. This period not at all. It's going to be a long long night. It'll feel like forever until Thursday now.

ItalianLeaf

Nov 2, 2006
If Johnny could get a save from ole Sparky boy, maybe the game would be different.

Homestly, what makes you think it would be different. Im sure even with the saves, the leafs wouldnt be winning. They have done absolutely nothing this game.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
No excuse on this one. NYI on the end of a back to back as well. We haven’t really tested Lehner. Still a chance with how potent this offense is but we need one soon.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Now that Freddy’s worth is demonstrated, what stops him from taking complete advantage of the situation and demanding a mutual contract termination and new deal for twice as much money? He can’t be happy watching all the deals signed when he knows he’s the only part of the team that matters.

You think our cap problem is bad now, imagine he grew a pair and demanded this. Blah blah contract blah blah CBA. Replace me then. That’s my response as Freddy. You’ll see teams start to cave when players catch up to the NBA mindset.

.....because that would never happen.
hell people don't even do that so they can be a UFA and play somewhere else if they are being benched, let alone to get more money

like. seriously what nonsense is this?

Reactions: Loosie

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

LOL, he can not demand anything.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
That's fine.

But now I'm curious, you seem to be a fan on Nylander, I'm sure you enjoy having him back.... When do you worry?
10 PTS in 20 Games?
12 PTS in 30?

I'm genuinely curious.

I’m huge on nylander, I think he’s elite elite on his edges and can skate like the wind and has great vision, and I think we will see way more goals his shot is too good.
And ya I think if he’s looking like this in another 10 games or so then ya game on in terms of cristicism.
Sorry if I came across as condescending that wasn’t my intention. I just have a vastly different opinion of what we should be seeing in terms of his game at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->