Former Bruins Islanders' Johnny Boychuk retires due to eye injury suffered last season

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Like boychuck as a player

Hate shady cap moves

After getting his signing bonus this year he has a little over 5 mill owed to him the next 2 years

Likely 1/2 that or more is going to be lost to various covid problems

If the islanders give him a comfy front office job he might get all that money back anyhow

Its another huge front loaded deal that miraculously disapears when the team finds it inconvienent

I cant lay the blame on the players involved but lamerello is famous for juicing the cap in toronto and now this?

I hope ladd didnt catch hossa's glove/skin rash problem but somethings tells me i think we will learn he did
Isles fan here, despite my questionable avatar. Watch Johnny's video before making this about money or Lou. It kills him to have to stop playing, and anyone with half a brain knows it. I thought you guys would be different than the clowns on the main board, and most of you are. Helluva player. Helluva guy.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Isles fan here, despite my questionable avatar. Watch Johnny's video before making this about money or Lou. It kills him to have to stop playing, and anyone with half a brain knows it. I thought you guys would be different than the clowns on the main board, and most of you are. Helluva player. Helluva guy.

It killed a lot of us when he was traded to the Islanders, #55 was loved here that's for sure. And to see his career end this way sucks too. No way he gives it up if there was even the slightest chance his eye could handle it, he worked too long & too hard to get to the NHL to just walk away from it.

:(

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad