Speculation: Islanders incoming cap crunch

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Barzal played juniors for Seattle. The arena they play in is about 20 miles south of where the NHL team plays in the suburbs. I went to a few of his games each year.

He might like the NW area. Dies that play into where he coukd go as a FA..not really.

Yes, I and all Isles fans know this because of Tavares. And it is a very real possibility that he would want to go home in FA.

My question was where the "many times" he himself has expressed his interest in returning to the PNW.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Since Vancouver is interested in OEL, has signed Markstrom (allegedly) and generally seems to want to disregard the cap...

We could solve some other roster issues in New York as well, seeing as how Barzal has all but asked for a trade "out west" since he "loved it there".

Barzal for Podkolzin, Juolevi, Rafferty, Hoglander and....what else do we have with no salary? Palmu? Lind?

(I'm entirely kidding, since I was all serious with the Mayfield ask, I thought I'd be crystal clear about this)

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Are you still sore about your early elimination? And you think Barzal will leave a team that just went this far in the playoffs? And, you call us delusional? As they say in baseball, there is always next year.

im happy about our early elimination...it got us the 1OA pick :D

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If only Seattle was starting to play next season it would be "awesome" to see how many posters would suggest a Kraken offer sheet to Barzal.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
isles fans are delusional with the so called "winning" of the team...the reality is without the covid pause the isles would of missed the playoffs...the ECF trip was luck of the draw by playing 3 cream puff teams until finally being exposed...MB has hinted many times that he wants to go out west with either seattle or vancouver ...why has he not signed yet if he wants to stay ?

Link to MB saying he wants to go west?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
isles fans are delusional with the so called "winning" of the team...the reality is without the covid pause the isles would of missed the playoffs...the ECF trip was luck of the draw by playing 3 cream puff teams until finally being exposed...MB has hinted many times that he wants to go out west with either seattle or vancouver ...why has he not signed yet if he wants to stay ?

My apologies to Leaf fans everywhere for linking this person to your club. He is a Ranger fan. Sorry to insult you all like that.

Last edited:

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Two years in a row the Leafs finish behind the Islanders in the playoffs. I think that instead of trying to bother Islander fans with lame taunts you should worry about your own club. That’s the one lead by all that talent, the captain who speaks in one chord, the GM who knows he is the smartest kid in the league, and coached by the Corsi coach. They seem to just keep falling on their face. It must be all those expectations they keep tripping over.

His team is the Rangers, he even stated he liked their early exit because it got them the 1st overall pick.

Reactions: A Pointed Stick

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
His team is the Rangers, he even stated he liked their early exit because it got them the 1st overall pick.
I stand corrected. He is indeed a suffering Ranger fan. The funny thing is if you look at his posting history you might think he was an Islander fan because he is just an absolute acolyte of all things Islanders. Hat tip good sir, you are right.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I stand corrected. He is indeed a suffering Ranger fan. The funny thing is if you look at his posting history you might think he was an Islander fan because he is just an absolute acolyte of all things Islanders. Hat tip good sir, you are right.
Dont forget that he has it on good authority that there is no possible way that an arena will be built in Belmont.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Still wondering how the Isles are going to get Barzal, Pulock & Toews under the cap - especially as it's reportedly very difficult to move salary at the moment. Interesting to see what the Isles (and Lightning) end up doing. Leddy is most likely traded and maybe Bailey?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think Toews will be a sweetener to dump salary. Lou has time and he will use every second...

We have no idea what these guys are doing in the backroom

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'm not really worried . There is a certain way to open up aprox 8 mil in cap room for this season with 1 buyout and stuffing 3 guys into the AHL - 2 of which were already stuffed there for 19-20 .

thats 17 mil to sign barzal-pulock and a down payment on toews.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I'm not really worried . There is a certain way to open up aprox 8 mil in cap room for this season with 1 buyout and stuffing 3 guys into the AHL - 2 of which were already stuffed there for 19-20 .

isn’t the buyout window already closed?

Reactions: BinCookin

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I see this thread has been resurrected...I though Lou was the Jim Gregory award winner...how has he not fixed this yet ?? this is an outrage ...the GM of the year needs to wake up what is he doing ?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Buyout window is closed unless you have 2 arbitration cases

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->