Pre-Game Talk: Islanders in the SENS Den tonight 7:00pm on HNIC

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is what Canadian Tire place will look like if they don't start winning (empty).... :D:D:D

View attachment 84859

I really dislike that "O" in the middle of the ice, everytime I see it, it reminds me of the Carolina Hurricanes symbol. Then again the attendance is starting to look like Carolina. :sarcasm:

i'd bet condon is playing.

You'r right but for how long? Goaltending needs to be not just better but to steal a few games. Can either of these guys do that? GB seems to have an itchy trigger finger when Condon is in net.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I really dislike that "O" in the middle of the ice, everytime I see it, it reminds me of the Carolina Hurricanes symbol. Then again the attendance is starting to look like Carolina. :sarcasm:

Really?

It always reminds me of Matt Duchene.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad were going right back at it and playing back to back (against another team doing the same). Guys started to find their grove halfway through the 2nd, hopefully they take the next step forward, and not a step back tonight.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm glad were going right back at it and playing back to back (against another team doing the same). Guys started to find their grove halfway through the 2nd, hopefully they take the next step forward, and not a step back tonight.

Funny, I don't see how their second period, vs the Jackets, was any better than any other period. In fact the Second period may have been their worst period.
20172018-20342-cfdiff-all.png

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Funny, I don't see how their second period, vs the Jackets, was any better than any other period. In fact the Second period may have been their worst period.
20172018-20342-cfdiff-all.png

Not sure how you would come to that conclusion, the first is significantly worse than the second (it's among the worst period we've played all year). The chart is the cumulative shot attempts of the game as it progresses, we were shot attempted 25 to 6 in the first (all situation), vs 22-17 in the second. From about the halfway of the second, there's a downward trend overall (with each team having 1 effective PP) meaning Ottawa was playing pretty even with Clb in terms of possession.

The third period from a possession perspective is a clear Sens win with 11 more shot attempts than Clb.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Hi guys. Expect a high scoring game. Isles like to play wide open and give up at least 4 goals a game. Plus the mental case halak is in net. Expect a jeckyl hyde isles team where they look like the worst team in the NHL one period and the best team the next.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hi guys. Expect a high scoring game. Isles like to play wide open and give up at least 4 goals a game. Plus the mental case halak is in net. Expect a jeckyl hyde isles team where they look like the worst team in the NHL one period and the best team the next.

That's great news, because one team will come out happy; We can't score to save our lives, so either you guys will be happy to finally have a good defensive effort, or we'll get the monkey off our backs and fill the net.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not sure how you would come to that conclusion, the first is significantly worse than the second (it's among the worst period we've played all year). The chart is the cumulative shot attempts of the game as it progresses, we were shot attempted 25 to 6 in the first (all situation), vs 22-17 in the second. From about the halfway of the second, there's a downward trend overall (with each team having 1 effective PP) meaning Ottawa was playing pretty even with Clb in terms of possession.

The third period from a possession perspective is a clear Sens win with 11 more shot attempts than Clb.

I've seen, over this season, that the second period is usually their worst, for whatever reason(s) ........ getting caught in their own zone, unable to change or whatever.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa

This sounds like you're describing Ottawa minus actually looking like the best team in the league in any period.

Islanders are the favorite tonight and with good reason. Let's hope Ottawa steps up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad