Pre-Game Talk: Islanders in Ottawa, Tues 7:30 on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Didn’t catch the game, but happy with the outcome.

Did Bobby look as good as the scoresheet suggests?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Aside from a better pick this season finishing lower gives us better chances at any waiver players until I believe Nov 1 of next season
That might be useful but I doubt it will yield any meaningful help next year. Might help Bellville though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
wQOzfY.jpg

Wings have another 2 pts as well they beat the Pens ... And this may not last the night .. Canucks play the Ducks.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Didn’t catch the game, but happy with the outcome.

Did Bobby look as good as the scoresheet suggests?
He played really well actually. Flukey goal but 2 nice assists and a bunch if chances on top if that. I think he's at his best when he's a playmaker to be honest.

Reactions: Cosmix

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
meh....so hard to cheer for a loss. I know intellectually it's best for the team to get a higher pick...but damn, it hurts to see the team lose so much.

Plenty of teams still do very poorly despite getting a bunch of high draft picks.

I watch hockey for two reasons:

- I appreciate the game
- Want to see the Sens win

If the Sens are losing a bunch, I am far less invested.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Currently at 270, this is the worst goals against since 1995-96 (291). Since both goalies are locked in, something else needs to change. Doubt Pierre Groulx will last the summer.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe and Deku

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Just getting back from the game now. Was actually surprised by the amount of effort I saw from both teams on the defensive side. That one soft goal on condon was the difference between a W/L but can appreciate a quality effort by most of the boys. dzingle, Ryan, duchene, Hoffman, boro looked pretty good. However on the defensive on the chabot- Karlsson pairing was an adventure in their own end. Karlsson ended up playing the game with Chabot, Claesson, Wolanen. Despite the defensive issues I think the chabot - Karlsson pairing was probably still the best one as they were able to move the puck better than the other pairings. Shame we lost but helps the tank i guess.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He's so much more active and visible than Turris

Yes, but most of his success has come with no pressure on him or the team. I’m interested to see how he does next year when things matter again.

It would have been nice to have Duchene and Turris, or even Duchene and Zibby. We have to hope Brown becomes a very good 2nd line centre. We need two good centres going forward. Pageau is a perfect third line centre in my mind, but he also needs to produce more offence.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not really. Dad moved around the area in his late teens, and uncle lives there now for the past 10 or so years.

I started liking Ottawa because they were the team that got broadcast where I lived when I was a kid and only had 20 channels in the mid 90's-early 2000's. Being able to watch every game rather than just Saturday night Leafs helped out bigtime :laugh:

"only" 20 channels :laugh: you were livin large, most of my childhood i only had about 5

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Yes, but most of his success has come with no pressure on him or the team. I’m interested to see how he does next year when things matter again.

Duchene put up lousy numbers on an even worse team with less pressure on them last season...he's mentioned feeling very comfortable in Ottawa so I think (hope) we're seeing the "real" Duchene now, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad