Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

WELL, the fight is next week so, so much for saddest day ever :-p

Well, at age 32 he seems to feel that it would be time to settle down and have kids, etc. Also, a chance to retire and not be broken down physically by overstaying his welcome. Maybe start an MMA school. Also, he wants to give a chance to Rory MacDonald to get the title, and he wouldn't fight him because they are friends and GSP would probably become his trainer.

His trainer Midoux said that. It's on RDS.

I'm thinking this is part reality, part pressure on the UFC to raise the ante for a potential Silva VS GSP fight. GSP is not stupid: fighting Silva is a tremendous risk and if I were him, I would bleed the UFC for as much as I can of guaranteed money to do it.

Last edited:

68*

Good news is now I get to watch the entire game today.

Bad news is it's because I had to leave work early with a sore threat.

Still plan on drinking.

Don't. Drinking sucks. Woke up with the worst hangover ever and I have to go work in this state now. ****.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Time to win.
habs-vs-islanders-42.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Won't be watching this one..

Feeling under the weather but have a hockey game tonight.. Could stay tied for top of the league with a win against a team I lost 2-1 to. Hopefully I get some goal support tonight and so does Price.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
WELL, the fight is next week so, so much for saddest day ever :-p

Well, at age 32 he seems to feel that it would be time to settle down and have kids, etc. Also, a chance to retire and not be broken down physically by overstaying his welcome. Maybe start an MMA school. Also, he wants to give a chance to Rory MacDonald to get the title, and he wouldn't fight him because they are friends and GSP would probably become his trainer.

His trainer Midoux said that. It's on RDS.

I'm thinking this is part reality, part pressure on the UFC to raise the ante for a potential Silva VS GSP fight. GSP is not stupid: fighting Silva is a tremendous risk and if I were him, I would bleed the UFC for as much as I can of guaranteed money to do it.

It might be a big loss for our nation but it won't be a big loss for UFC fans. I follow UFC a lot and let me tell you GSP beside people from Quebec (and a good portion of canadians) is not considered exciting at all. I went to UFC 129 and his fight against Shields was the worst one of the night. I hope (and believe) that Hendricks will beat him next week.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
I wish I actually weren't as emotionally invested in this team as I am. Would be nice when, if we lost, I can just say "meh" and move on in life. Instead I get upset and mope around the rest of the night.

That's why i basically stopped caring. I used to rage after a loss. It was stupid though and I got sick of it. Then i found other interests and now I mostly follow the team on hfboards and that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad