Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Difference is that Desharnais isn't a liablility on the ice. Parros and his 5 minutes a game schtick is getting old.

:laugh:

Sure, our wingers love it when Michel tells em they will have to play on DD line. In fact they celebrate and take their wives out for a nice dinner, telling them their stats will skyrocket, secretly hoping this will lead to better sex than usual that night.

Speaking of wingers, Parros would not be a problem if we had a winger able to double shift and play more than 16-17 minutes.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Kassian fought Moen
Bissonette fought Rinaldo
Orr fought Prust

Do you think Laraque would have fought any of those guys if needed?

This is how lies/myths smear a character/person... please shoe me a video where any of the above dropped their gloves even though their partner refused to fight? To my mind, only Chara did that to Emelin. And we all know Chara is bloody puke.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is absolutely no reason for this not to be a win. Rested, practiced, playing against a team that played last night. And in our barn.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
When is the last time Orr, Bisonette, Kassian, or Thornton fought guys not in their weight class?

Dunno about Biznasty, but the others have definitely taken liberties with smaller fighters and non-fighters.

FTR, despite the farce that was the DD benching, he was not the target of my ire in the Ottawa game. Diaz needs to bury his chances (to say nothing of his shot from the point) and Chucky has had some golden opportunities where I expect more from him. Hasn't been able to lift the puck even 3" in numerous situations where he had the goalie completely beat, including the SO loss to the Blues.

One thing about our now oft-talked about shot blocking machine system is that it's also the main reason key GWGs have been scored against us. Everyone is screening Price to such an absurd degree + Parros just cannot pick up his man, that we've been on the short end of bad bounces that leave an opposing forward alone in front of the net even after Carey makes the save (think Pomminville goal) or if the D man can get it to any of the corners (Borrowiecki; sp?), no chance for Carey. The fact that we are getting scored on a lot due to this, despite its merits, makes me wonder if it's the best option. Many of our recent losses have come down to bounces, both in being scored on as well as not creating any/shooting right at the goalie. As if we didn't need this enough (and no, I don't miss Cammy that much, I actually like Bourque), it seems like sniping or the lack thereof is still a problem (wtf happened to MaxPac?)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Question- any reason for Bournival not to be playing with Pleks and Gionta? That was the only line creating anything. Illogical

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
This is how lies/myths smear a character/person... please shoe me a video where any of the above dropped their gloves even though their partner refused to fight? To my mind, only Chara did that to Emelin. And we all know Chara is bloody puke.

But this isn't the point, is it? Nobody's saying that Laraque should have jumped people, at least that's not what I'm saying.

My point is only that Laraque fought only heavyweights in staged fights (I have to admit that my memory might be wrong here). I would have liked seeing Laraque dropped the gloves against Neil when he was hitting and disturbing everybody on the ice for example.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Question- any reason for Bournival not to be playing with Pleks and Gionta? That was the only line creating anything. Illogical

Cuz we need to get this guy going.

2013-14 Montreal Canadiens NHL 8 2 1 3 4 -5

And it wont happen if he play with this guy

2013-14 Montreal Canadiens NHL 16 0 1 1 4 -2

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
I had a great week-end. Let's not ruin this with a loss please. I don't think i can handle it already :laugh:

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
hey whats ur guys line up look like?

Desharnais-Desharnais-Desharnais

Bouillon-Bouillon
Bouillon-Bouillon
Bouillon-Bouillon

Price

No seriously,

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival-Desharnais-Bourque
Moen-White-Dumont

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Murray

Price

RandR

May 15, 2011
I guess you and I have different ideas about what a liability on the ice means. Desharnais is clearly a liability as we have to coddle him and mix and rearrange our lines to try and get this chump going. He doesnt hit, he doesnt get involved, he's knocked around....he drags everyone down.
We pay the guy to score and help us win. He cant do it.

I'd rather have Parros thank you very much.
Parros has a grand total of 21 minutes of playing time this season in 5 games and is already a -5. That certainly makes him look like an outright liability on the ice.

Desharnais is a -2 after 16 games averaging 15 minutes of playing time. At his +/- rate, then after that many games and ice time, Parros would be a -3 per game and a -50 by now. :help:

For Desharnais, I would use the words "ineffective" and "useless" instead.

Anyways, I think our chances of getting back in the win column today look good. :nod:

penalty shot*

:laugh:

Sure, our wingers love it when Michel tells em they will have to play on DD line. In fact they celebrate and take their wives out for a nice dinner, telling them their stats will skyrocket, secretly hoping this will lead to better sex than usual that night.

Speaking of wingers, Parros would not be a problem if we had a winger able to double shift and play more than 16-17 minutes.

good one :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dreamingofdrouin*

So if we win can we stop the doomsday talk? Or is it still more fun to hate our team?

if we win..yes.......but if we lose....:amazed:.......man...the **** is really gonna hit the fan.

Jerky

Oct 7, 2010
Montreal
Parros has a grand total of 21 minutes of playing time this season in 5 games and is already a -5. That certainly makes him look like an outright liability on the ice.

Parros should only be a -1 on the year, as he was on the ice against Minny's 4th line of Mitchell - Konopka - Fontaine and was scored against.

The rest is on Therrien. 4th lines with scrubs and goons should ONLY face other team's 4th lines. There was no reason for them to be on the ice vs the following (4 goals against):

Pominville - Granlund - Cooke (fool me once)
Pominville - Granlund - Niederreitter (fool me twice)
Stewart - Sobotka - Tarasenko (leading with 9 mins left :shakehead)
Ryan - Turris - MacArthur (just got scored on....sent out against OTT 1st line :shakehead :shakehead)

It's pretty obvious that our 4th line can't hold the fort against other team's top 6.....yet they still get thrown out there.

That's just bad coaching.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
So if we win can we stop the doomsday talk? Or is it still more fun to hate our team?

It has nothing to do with losing 4 games in a row, even if we win tonight and the next 3-4 games I wont change my mind, this team sucks. Even if we make the playoff we will lose in the 1st or 2nd round anyway.

Oh and we already had so many injured players just at the beginning of the season... I cant even imagine when the season will be almost over...this midjets team will be so hurt. Yes im negative and yes it will takes another 5-10 years to build a real hockey club here.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
Dammit!! I want to win so bad tonight, I hate my life when I stay up to 4am to watch the entire game and we lose.... I want to watch them play, but I can't due to school. Whenever I do we lose though.... getting tired of this **** lol.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Parros should only be a -1 on the year, as he was on the ice against Minny's 4th line of Mitchell - Konopka - Fontaine and was scored against.

The rest is on Therrien. 4th lines with scrubs and goons should ONLY face other team's 4th lines. There was no reason for them to be on the ice vs the following (4 goals against):

Ryan - Turris - MacArthur (just got scored on....sent out against OTT 1st line :shakehead :shakehead)

It's pretty obvious that our 4th line can't hold the fort against other team's top 6.....yet they still get thrown out there.

The worst was when they got caught out there with the Mouillon pairing. My god what a disaster.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Dammit!! I want to win so bad tonight, I hate my life when I stay up to 4am to watch the entire game and we lose.... I want to watch them play, but I can't due to school. Whenever I do we lose though.... getting tired of this **** lol.
I know that feel.

So what are y'all drinking during the game tonight?

Will be Bacardi and Coke Zero for me.
Gotta leave for class 3 hours after the game so prior to the game, coffee, loads of coffee. I might switch to harder stuff during the game based on how many minutes DD plays.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
I know that feel.

Gotta leave for class 3 hours after the game so coffee, loads of coffee.

Haha yeah, then a lecture for 2 hours...zzzzzzz... :( in 4 years when I'm done with school I'm moving to Canada. Yes Canadians, a swede gonna come to you!!! ill bring communism and welfare no worries lol

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Didn't Ottawa and Minnesota have the last change due to being the home team?

The one against St. Louis is more unforgivable because the Habs were the home team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->