Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Parros has all of the traits I dispise in a fighter:

* nice guy
* care and attention to personal branding
* normal
* ineffective punches
* nice guy

He's George Laraque, without the capacity to hurt anyone.

Laraque wouldn't even fight without sending a fax. Parros is more than willing to engage in the heat of the moment, although his timing is quite awful.

Mynameismark*

Thank god. I love Parros but he's so useless :laugh:

So instead we replaced him with a useless midget. How many games has Parros played in the NHL? How many has Dumont? There's a reason for that.

Better hope Carkner, Boulton and Martin aren't all in tonight.

Mynameismark*

Thank God the primary reason we are a 500 team, Parros, has been benched.

Exactly. Desharnais has contributed an astounding one more assist than Parros and yet he stays on without ever doing anything else to contribute, and being paid to freakin produce!!! At least Parros does what he's paid to do!

What a frikkin shambles man.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Exactly. Desharnais has contributed an astounding one more assist than Parros and yet he stays on without ever doing anything else to contribute, and being paid to freakin produce!!! At least Parros does what he's paid to do!

What a frikkin shambles man.

Difference is that Desharnais isn't a liablility on the ice. Parros and his 5 minutes a game schtick is getting old.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Parros has all of the traits I dispise in a fighter:

* nice guy
* care and attention to personal branding
* normal
* ineffective punches
* nice guy

He's George Laraque, without the capacity to hurt anyone.

Colton Orr would disagree

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Difference is that Desharnais isn't a liablility on the ice. Parros and his 5 minutes a game schtick is getting old.

How do you know that Desharnais, his salary and his disaster of a season isn't a distraction in the room... on the ice? At least Parros is a warrior.

God (some) Montreal fans are... (biting tongue).

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
It's not about the fights he got involved in, it's about the numerous times we needed him to fight someone and he didn't because the other guys were not in his weight class.

Ok, so now you're changing the rules. It's a lie that he asked for "faxes", but it sure gets repeated enough. I thought Laraque was clear and articulate - on 690 - on why he didn't fight Lucic. I have no doubt most, if not all heavyweights, agree with him.

Mynameismark*

I guess you and I have different ideas about what a liability on the ice means. Desharnais is clearly a liability as we have to coddle him and mix and rearrange our lines to try and get this chump going. He doesnt hit, he doesnt get involved, he's knocked around....he drags everyone down.
We pay the guy to score and help us win. He cant do it.

I'd rather have Parros thank you very much.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
It's not about the fights he got involved in, it's about the numerous times we needed him to fight someone and he didn't because the other guys were not in his weight class.

When is the last time Orr, Bisonette, Kassian, or Thornton fought guys not in their weight class?

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Ohh... just realized it was Nov. 11th! No class then tomorrow I guess.

EDIT: **** UOttawa... classes don't seem to be cancelled.

EDIT2: "In Canada, Remembrance Day is a federal statutory holiday (except in NL, NWT, ON and QC)" Soooo.. it's Ontario that's the problem here. Makes me wish I was back home in BC right about tomorrow.

Lol at uOttawa we get a "hour off" since they cant schedule quizzes exams so you can go to the 11 ceremony but there are classes still:shakehead

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
When is the last time Orr, Bisonette, Kassian, or Thornton fought guys not in their weight class?

Kassian fought Moen
Bissonette fought Rinaldo
Orr fought Prust

Do you think Laraque would have fought any of those guys if needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->