Islanders Fenwick 11/12 vs. 12/13

Badger Mayhew*

It's strange because nobody considered the Islanders offseason good at the time. Parenteau came out and Visnovsky/Boyes/Hickey came in. Nobody thought these players would be the difference makers that would raise the Islanders' fenwick from 44.1 to 50.8.

Hickey was unspectacular in the AHL. A record season of 26 points in 76 games. Now when Hickey's on the ice, the Isles outshoot their opponents by an average of 7.

Visnovsky was gotten for a 2nd round pick. His Corsi is 14.86 and he plays an average of almost 23 minutes a game.

Boyes was signed after having a 23 point season the year before. He's now third in Islanders scoring.

I just think it's cool how much their team improved (if you use fenwick as a measure of team performance) with a seemingly mediocre offseason.

Kershaw

Visnovsky is a god.

He is probably a top 10 defender and drastically helps with any team's fenwick.

ds4130

Jun 6, 2011
Mandalay, Myanmar
Still wish they resigned PA. 4x4 might have seemed a half million too expensive at the time, but I think he's worth it 100%, considering what other guys like David Jones makes.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I haven't looked at the individual players, but I would imagine it has a lot to do with the age of the team, as well. Tavares, Hamonic, Okposo, Grabner, and Nielsen are all pretty young dudes who play important roles on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad