Islanders fans singing National Anthem @ Coliseum

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
I am suprised there isn't a thread on the main boards about the Isles first game back at coliseum. What an amazingly epic day/night. I can't remember the last time I heard a crowd so loud. I definitely teared up a few times over the course of the night. Best game I have ever attended.

Amazing tribute by Brendan Burke and highlights:

Also ran into a VIP at TD Bank across from the arena:

lou-jpg.160859

Attachments

• Lou.jpg
    Lou.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,619
Last edited:

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
Yeah the anthem thing has been done so much already. However, that crowd was electric last night, Islanders looked right where they belong. A great night for the fans and hockey in general.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Great moment. I went to one game there vs the Caps about 5 years ago and it seemed like there was maybe 2 mens bathrooms in the entire arena. Not ideal.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
The unusually loud singing was to drown out the too-many disrespectful fans chanting during the anthem. Patriotism won, I guess.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am suprised there isn't a thread on the main boards about the Isles first game back at coliseum. What an amazingly epic day/night. I can't remember the last time I heard a crowd so loud. I definitely teared up a few times over the course of the night. Best game I have ever attended.

Amazing tribute by Brendan Burke and highlights:

Also ran into a VIP at TD Bank across from the arena:

lou-jpg.160859

there was no thread on it due to the fact it is not so unusual any more

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm really happy for Islanders fans. They deserve to be back home. I know the Coliseum's seating capacity is way reduced after the renovations, but there are probably still more good seats there than at Barclay's...and the fanbase can actually get to it.

Reactions: sabremike and SI90

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
First I've seen this. This IS awesome. But it's sad that it doesn't get more exposure since our media won't cover anything that doesn't sew any division. They rather look for stories that do that... or manufacture them. Whichever gets the clicks.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
was freaking awesome and yes, was to drown out idiots--was cool and spontaneous

What were the idiots saying? I've traveled quite a lot to see different hockey, basketball and soccer games in countries like England, Sweden, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Canada and USA, and I've ofcourse seen hundreds of games here in Finland. The Islanders fans I saw at their playoff game against the Capitals in 2015 were by far the most obnoxious morons I've ever had the privilege to listen to at a sports event. In many countries you would get ejected and possibly banned for quite a long time for spouting such racist, homophobic garbage, but back at Nassau Coliseum few people seemed to mind. The arena personnel certainly didn't.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Great moment. I went to one game there vs the Caps about 5 years ago and it seemed like there was maybe 2 mens bathrooms in the entire arena. Not ideal.
yea they had like a 100 Million dollar renovation on the place, and the things that were really needed like a wider concourse and more bathrooms were obviously not changeable, they took seats out in the bowl to make walking around the concourse more tolerable but you would not notice it walking around during the intermissions and before and after the game
The Islanders have the best arena in the league now.

truth, after the Red Wings got a new arena Coliseum is now the last of an old school great place to see a game especially with a packed crowd

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s nice that these fans suddenly care again, even if it’s just for one game. I’m sure most of these people wouldn’t have bothered going 3 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad