Proposal: Islanders--Edmonton

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
lol yea right. Snow already fleeced Chiarelli with Reinhart; it ain't happening with Pulock who obviously isn't NHL ready and wouldnt play in Edmonton over Klefbom, Larsson, Sekera, Russell,Davidson, Nurse, or Benning.

Nevermind the fact that the Oilers wouldn't have a RW in the top 6

pulock has proven to be nhl ready just snow preventing his call up by adding seidenberg. plus there's no room for him to be called up right now.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Don't think EDM would do that trade. Eberle is a MUCH better player than Nelson.

And Pulock isn't a stud anything until we see him at the NHL level.

Isles don't need Eberle. They need Duchene to lock down the 2C. We have enough wingers.

If Islanders over pay for Duchene who is not a reliable center so he is playing left wing I think i might Scream!

Not interested in giving Barzal, Pulock, and a 1st rd pick or Hamonic for Duchene.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
2016-17
Edmonton Oilers
NHL

2016-17
New York Islanders
NHL

I know past years Eberle was a very good productive winger but has been just average this year and last year. He is way overpaid for what he has been putting out. Him and Nelson have similar stats this year while Eberle plays next to McDavid or Leon and Nelson plays with crap. Tavares and Eberle had some chemistry in past tournaments and thought it might spark Eberles production.

I think Pulock is very underrated on these boards. He is built like brick house, Strong, and has a 100 MPH slap shot that gets through. D-men like this are not available very often. Yes he has not proven anything at the NH level yet but neither has Puljujarvi.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
2016-17
Edmonton Oilers
NHL

2016-17
New York Islanders
NHL

I know past years Eberle was a very good productive winger but has been just average this year and last year. He is way overpaid for what he has been putting out. Him and Nelson have similar stats this year while Eberle plays next to McDavid or Leon and Nelson plays with crap. Tavares and Eberle had some chemistry in past tournaments and thought it might spark Eberles production.

I think Pulock is very underrated on these boards. He is built like brick house, Strong, and has a 100 MPH slap shot that gets through. D-men like this are not available very often. Yes he has not proven anything at the NH level yet but neither has Puljujarvi.
Eberle plays beside RNH for a majority of the season. Pulock gets you nowhere near Eberle or Puljujarvi

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
2016-17
Edmonton Oilers
NHL

2016-17
New York Islanders
NHL

Dude, it's not the Eberle part we aren't agreeing with you, it's the Puljujarvi part. Puljujarvi is projected to be a #1 RW with an elite shot and elite hands. Back in the WJC, he was rated higher than Laine and could make a shot for #1 in the draft over even Matthews, but since his knee injury, he took a bit of a fall which in turn made his transition to the NHL a bit tougher as he was still recovering and building back his confidence. Ever since we put him down in the AHL, he's progressed nicely in the AHL scoring almost a PPG and he's growing more and more confident on North American ice rinks. He's no where near the value of Pulock.

Eberle = Nelson
Puljujarvi >>>>> Pulock

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
not pulju but ur seriously undervaluing pulock
Why is it so hard to comprehend that the Oilers don't need or want Ryan Pulock?? He's in his third pro season and hasn't proven jack ****.
As I've already stated he won't crack the Oilers line up either so he doesn't help.

Every GM knows the Islanders are desperate to add top 6 talent to support Tavares. Prepare to overpay any team or take another Ladd type chance on a veteran

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Why is it so hard to comprehend that the Oilers don't need or want Ryan Pulock?? He's in his third pro season and hasn't proven jack ****.
As I've already stated he won't crack the Oilers line up either so he doesn't help.

Every GM knows the Islanders are desperate to add top 6 talent to support Tavares. Prepare to overpay any team or take another Ladd type chance on a veteran

just because you don't want him doesn't mean he has no value.
not sure why you're so hostile.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010

Why so angry?

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Dude, it's not the Eberle part we aren't agreeing with you, it's the Puljujarvi part. Puljujarvi is projected to be a #1 RW with an elite shot and elite hands. Back in the WJC, he was rated higher than Laine and could make a shot for #1 in the draft over even Matthews, but since his knee injury, he took a bit of a fall which in turn made his transition to the NHL a bit tougher as he was still recovering and building back his confidence. Ever since we put him down in the AHL, he's progressed nicely in the AHL scoring almost a PPG and he's growing more and more confident on North American ice rinks. He's no where near the value of Pulock.

Eberle = Nelson
Puljujarvi >>>>> Pulock

I guess value can subject to position of need
You say Puljujarvi is projected to be a #1 RW with an elite shot?
Pulock is projected to be a top pairing D with an elite shot.
You say Puljujarvi is playing at a PPG in the AHL?
Pulock is almost a PPG in the AHL and he is a Dman.
I get it. You don`t like the value.
It just depends on what people value more.
A top pairing scoring Dman or a top line scoring winger.
I feel they are closer in value than you do.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
just because you don't want him doesn't mean he has no value.
not sure why you're so hostile.

Probably because of hostile the NYI fan were in the summer . They wanted no part of Eberle . Also it has been repeated time and time again we are set up perfectly for expansion . We can protect everyone we need to and we have 4 or 5 players that are exempt from the draft therefore if we trade an asset for a player on D that we really don't need we open up 3 forwards to expansion

7-3-1 now

4-4-1 if we make a trade for a D

Also remember NYI fan saying we were desperate and would have to overpay for a D ? We overpaid . Now it time for the NYI to overpay if they want a winger to keep JT happy

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Puj is absolutely more valuable than Pulock and it isn't even close. Puj is a #1 OA guy in most draft classes that don't feature Matthews, Laine, and teams that don't like to draft Finns anymore. Love Pulock and his ceiling but Edmonton could easily get a better young defender for him for this package.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Yea not saying Pulock is worth Puljujarvi straight up but citing points in the AHL doesn't do much to forward the argument of why Pulocks value is not Puljujarvi straight up.

As a previous poster pointed out , Pulock made the NYI this season and was injured. Since he came back from Injury he's tallied 24 points in 30 games at the AHL level as a D-Man. Puljujarvis 13 points in 17 games is good but nothing extraordinary.

Both guys are unproven and mostly potential at the NHL level.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

One player is 18 years old playing in his first season in North America. The other is 22 years old and playing in his third pro season.
Link to a credible scout that projects Pulock to be a top pairing D?

apples-to-oranges.jpg

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I understand the Isles wanting a plus on top of Eberle for Pulock and Nelson, but that plus isn't Pulujarvi. I wouldn't trade Pulujarvi alone for that pair. Not that I don't like them, I just don't see the value being close.

Personally, I don't think Nelson is close to Eberle as a player, but Eberle's contract might bring his value down a bit. The problem is that after Edmonton's first few prospects (Pulujarvi, Benson, Bear, Jones) we don't have much aside from longshots and projected depth players, we don't have the depth to really be moving out the few really good prospects we have. Pulujarvi will be on the big club full time next year and we need his ELC to make our cap more manageable.

Would the Isles have interest in a guy like Anton Slepyshev? He's looked okay in the NHL this season for us, is a depth winger with good puck skills and skating. I'd consider Eberle and Slepyshev for Nelson and Pulock, but wouldn't offer up any more than that.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
One player is 18 years old playing in his first season in North America. The other is 22 years old and playing in his third pro season.

apples-to-oranges.jpg

And Pulock is producing at a higher rate from the blue line. To forward your Apples and Oranges decoration.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Probably because of hostile the NYI fan were in the summer . They wanted no part of Eberle . Also it has been repeated time and time again we are set up perfectly for expansion . We can protect everyone we need to and we have 4 or 5 players that are exempt from the draft therefore if we trade an asset for a player on D that we really don't need we open up 3 forwards to expansion

7-3-1 now

Also remember NYI fan saying we were desperate and would have to overpay for a D ? We overpaid . Now it time for the NYI to overpay if they want a winger to keep JT happy

22164354.jpg

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

apples-to-oranges.jpg

Let's not downplay Pulock. He is a top defensive prospect, and has been considered one for a while now.

The real benefit to having Pulock for us would be 1) his shot, and 2) it would make losing Davidson in the expansion draft and possibly losing Russell to free agency more manageable. If we lose those guys and Gryba, and are unable to find another defenseman over the summer, we are starting the season with Reinhart in our top six, and while I still am not ready to label Griffin as a bust, I also admit fully that he hasn't earned the opportunity to be on our opening day roster next season. It comes down to defensive depth and upside, and Pulock brings both.

Not that I think his value is comparable to Pulujarvi, but he is a piece that the Oilers could certainly use.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Let's not downplay Pulock. He is a top defensive prospect, and has been considered one for a while now.

The real benefit to having Pulock for us would be 1) his shot, and 2) it would make losing Davidson in the expansion draft and possibly losing Russell to free agency more manageable. If we lose those guys and Gryba, and are unable to find another defenseman over the summer, we are starting the season with Reinhart in our top six, and while I still am not ready to label Griffin as a bust, I also admit fully that he hasn't earned the opportunity to be on our opening day roster next season. It comes down to defensive depth and upside, and Pulock brings both.

Not that I think his value is comparable to Pulujarvi, but he is a piece that the Oilers could certainly use.

Well said sir.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

7-3-1 now

so because the Oilers overpaid for a defenseman you're mad at us? still don't understand.
also jt said he's happy with the direction of the team and on multiple occasions has said he wants to stay so don't see a problem there.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany

Those two are nowhere close in value...

Puljujärvi is a top-pick with sky-high potential who is doing really well in the AHL at the age of 18. Pulock is a mid-1st rounder who has had a good AHL-career so far but hasn't established himself in the NHL yet at age 22. For Pulock to be even close in value, he would have needed to make up the obvious difference in value from their draft-pedigree by showing something in the NHL, but he hasn't.

Pulock has good value, as a defensive prospect that could play a fairly large role in the NHL in the future, but that does not put him anywhere near the value of a high-end offensive prospect like Puljujärvi. And that doesn't even take into account that no one sane trades a player drafted top 5 in the last draft for an older prospect who hasn't been flat out amazing himself. The risk of such a move blowing up in your face is way too large. Such a player only ever becomes available if the team can't sign him and would lose his rights, or if his team is a Cup contender and can gain a legitimate star in return, but most definately not for someone who hasn't even made the NHL yet.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

You realize they are 5 years difference in age and Puljujarvi just started playing in the AHL. Pulock has been in the AHL for 3 years and he's FINALLY hitting the right path. If we did that trade, we lose not only our only Top 6 RW, we lose 2 of our Top 6 RW and one of them who could be a 40-50 goal scorer if playing with McDavid. I still don't see your point.

Your over-valuing Pulock because you under-valuing Puljujarvi, now THAT I get. But he is no where near as important of a piece Puljujarvi will be in a year or 2.

That's like a Leafs fan arguing Morgan Reilly for John Tavares is fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad