Proposal: Islanders--Edmonton

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
To Islanders--- Eberle and Puljujarvi

To Edmonton---Pulock and Nelson

Nelson replaces Eberle on wing at half the price.

Pulock is an NHL ready stud offensive defenseman

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Don't think EDM would do that trade. Eberle is a MUCH better player than Nelson.

And Pulock isn't a stud anything until we see him at the NHL level.

Isles don't need Eberle. They need Duchene to lock down the 2C. We have enough wingers.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Should we throw in a 1st rounder to even things up?
How much salary are we retaining?

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

What?

Eberle>>Nelson

Pulujarvi>>>>>Pulock

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
how has Hamonic been?

I've heard his home rep has cooled since last year

He and Leddy didn't look great together (thank you Doug Weight for putting Leddy back with Boychuk), but he'd still be our 2nd best defenseman.

He's been hurt and other players have stepped up so he's an easy asset to let go of right now, but people will remember just how important he is to the team when he returns.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Wow. This is bad. BEYOND bad. Oilers get fleeced in this deal BADLY. Puljujarvi has potential to be a superstar. Think a better version of Taylor Hall with elite shooting. Only way I'd part with Puljujarvi is if we are getting Tavares back (in a package from EDM of course) but even then I wouldn't do it. HUGE pass.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hahahahahaha holy **** this is bad.

If you want Puljujarvi alone, start with Hamonic and Barzal and add till it hurts

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
This trade is obviously bad value, but what would Islander's fans want for Pulock?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
pulock is probably going to be traded in a package for a first line RW or a 1B center

And he should be. From Edmonton's stand point though, if they gave up Eberle or RNH before the trade deadline, we'd need a forward back or prospects that don't require protection because we have our ratio down for the expansion draft. 7-3-1. If we have to protect a 4th defender, that messes with the ratio and I doubt Chia would screw with it. If any deal is to be had for Eberle or RNH, it'll happen after the expansion draft.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
And he should be. From Edmonton's stand point though, if they gave up Eberle or RNH before the trade deadline, we'd need a forward back or prospects that don't require protection because we have our ratio down for the expansion draft. 7-3-1. If we have to protect a 4th defender, that messes with the ratio and I doubt Chia would screw with it. If any deal is to be had for Eberle or RNH, it'll happen after the expansion draft.

dal colle and ho-sang both don't require protection if they're of interest. would move mdc before ho-sang but preferably neither move.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I've never seen that poster on the Islanders board.

Bad prosposal. Jesse P's value to Edmonton is sky high because of their need for youth on the wing.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
dal colle and ho-sang both don't require protection if they're of interest. would move mdc before ho-sang but preferably neither move.

Then that could work from our standpoint. Either way, I won't speculate what Eberle will return. I'd rather see what our GM does. Last time Isles fans and Oilers fans speculated returns, there was a big fight LOL.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

lol yea right. Snow already fleeced Chiarelli with Reinhart; it ain't happening with Pulock who obviously isn't NHL ready and wouldnt play in Edmonton over Klefbom, Larsson, Sekera, Russell,Davidson, Nurse, or Benning.

Nevermind the fact that the Oilers wouldn't have a RW in the top 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->