CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Rakell prob wont bring back dobs...

Maybe something like

Rakell + grant
For
2020 1st, bellows, wilde + pick or prospect
Basically 3 first for Rakell.

Too rich for my blood. I would hope the isles would pass.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
:isles

LW/RW Rickard Rakell
C Derek Grant
D Michael Del Zotto

:ducks2

RD Noah Dobson
2020 1st
2020 2nd

Looking at the recent returns on Zucker and Coleman, it should take a true blue chip piece to get the Ducks to part with Rakell right now. A top prospect at a position where they are completely devoid of future talent may be just the ticket. Dobson can play sheltered offensive minutes to start and possibly start to improve a dreadful powerplay over the next couple seasons. Becomes a key part of the Ducks next offensive core along with Zegras and this year's early pick.

A two time 30 goal guy signed from ages 26-29 for under $4M - such a huge luxury for a team looking to contend in that window. Dobson obviously has tremendous potential but won't be a key contributor this year or perhaps even next. Are the Isles willing to part with a future stud in order to vastly improve their fortunes for their next three runs?

I've added two rentals as well. Grant provides a big body center who takes on tough defensive minutes, kills penalties, wins draws and is scoring at a 20+ goal pace. Ideal bottom six center who can move up if needed. Don't get too attached, we want to sign Grantlzaf back in Anaheim this summer.

Del Zotto represents a cheap depth replacement if needed. He's been used over his head this year as a #5 who has been forced into the top 4 due to injuries, better suited for a 6/7 role.
I get the ask based on Coleman trade. But if Islanders do this its stupid. TB is a team close enough to the cup (dare I say favorite) to punt future chips to make team better now. Islanders are very good but are not in the top 7 teams(caps, pens,lighning, bruins, avs, stars, blues)to win cup.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Rakell's contract is substantially better than zucker's.

Not wanting to move Dobson is understandable, but that's what moving rakell should shoot for.

You are right there is a $1.7 million difference in the contracts which can be valuable in other moves. But saving that money I am not sure is worth a prospect that is generally scene to have move value because of their upside and their position of play. I get it, ask for the moon and you may land on a star. Heck who knew Andy Greene could net you a 2nd round pick? The shortage of sellers and quality fo the players being sold is a perfect match it would appear for teams moving assets to rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad