Speculation: Islanders & Ducks talking trade?

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Less physical, we could only wish Nelson was physical. The general joke on the Islanders boards is Brock is a 6'3" guy who plays like he is 5'10"

To me Nelson is a guy who is playing Center but should be playing left wing and in the right situation I do believe he has 30+ goals in him(ie a center who can get him pucks)
if he shows up for more than half the season maybe

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Speaking of Beauvillier, if I was 100% certain Beau could play center, I would keep Nelson and try him out with Barzal(ie a guy who could get Nelson pucks)
he played well with lee and ho-sang at the end of the 16-17 season while centering, wouldn’t mind giving him a lot of center time in the preseason.

Reactions: dood

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A free agent for a guy under contract?
Seems like somebody is getting ripped off
Id do it... I feel like we could resign him pretty easily

Good defense, good goalie.... good city/weather/stadium... some good forwards around him.... a team that generally drafts/develops really well around him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
For the record id guess we may be trying to move up to the 40 or 43rd... im guessing theres a guy were high on still available right now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
:popcorn:Older,less productive and with a huge salary.
Tempting,but no thanks
Older and huge salary yes. But he had a higher PPG than both he and Barzal so not so much in the less productive thing. And don't tell me it's cause he got to play with 49 point 17 goal Perry cause that's a fascile argument.

Getzlaf out produced Tavares' scoring pace on a team that scored 0.4 fewer goals per game. Sure he missed 30 games due to injury so we can't know for sure how they could've matched up over a full 82 game span but Getzlaf hasn't lost his touch yet. Aside from Gibson's excellence the Ducks would've been much worse without Getzlaf's dominance.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Could be Corey Perry as they could use him to boost their leadership. But if I were Lou I'd be kicking tires at John Gibson, which I am quite aware is a longshot.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Why is there even an argument between Getz and Tavares right now? The age difference and contract difference negates any difference in skill between the two. Like, come on guys...

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Believe the talks were probably for Islanders first round picks which didn't materialize as the ducks were rumored to be talking about the 10th pick beforehand.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Older and huge salary yes. But he had a higher PPG than both he and Barzal so not so much in the less productive thing. And don't tell me it's cause he got to play with 49 point 17 goal Perry cause that's a fascile argument.

Getzlaf out produced Tavares' scoring pace on a team that scored 0.4 fewer goals per game. Sure he missed 30 games due to injury so we can't know for sure how they could've matched up over a full 82 game span but Getzlaf hasn't lost his touch yet. Aside from Gibson's excellence the Ducks would've been much worse without Getzlaf's dominance.
The ducks have a ton of issues but Getzlaf isnt even close to one of them. That guy excels with whoever he is playing. He makes AHL players look like potential all stars.

analytics

Jun 24, 2018
:popcorn:Older,less productive and with a huge salary.
Tempting,but no thanks

Not speaking on the trade value here as one player isn't even signed...however:

Less Productive? Getzlaf has been more productive offensively for 2 seasons in a row now, is significantly better defensively and has manned a top-5 penalty killing unit for many years. He's also one of the best playoff performers of his generation.

Huge salary? Is 8.25 million dollars for a definitive top-10, very likely top-5 Center in the world really considered "HUGE"? Not even close... Evander Kane makes 7 in the current state of the cap world.

Old? You've got him there. He's bald too while we're at it.

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017
Id do it... I feel like we could resign him pretty easily

Good defense, good goalie.... good city/weather/stadium... some good forwards around him.... a team that generally drafts/develops really well around him.
You cant trade a free agent

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Arthur staple is merely click bait. The summer has been boring since the draft and kings getting Kovy. He can’t let his twitter die so he posts this nonsense.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Perhaps the discussion between the GMs was about trading California Fish Tacos + Carne Asada fries(mexican poutine) for some NY thin crust Pizza & Cannoli's ? lol. The trade is held up until Long island ice tea's & Margarita's are added to the proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad