Post-Game Talk: Islanders defeat RANGERS 3-2 (OT)

3 Stars

• Artemi Panarin

• Mika Zibanejad

• Pavel Buchnevich

• Vitali Kravtsov

• Chris Kreider

• Igor Shesterkin

• Adam Fox

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Kaapo Kakko

• K’Andre Miller

• Colin Blackwell

• Brendan Smith

• Filip Chytil

• Kevin Rooney

• Brett Howden

• Ryan Lindgren

• Ryan Strome

• Jacob Trouba

• Libor Hajek

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
He got double teamed. Not really his fault

Bullshit. All he had to do was play it right back to Miller.

egcTx0V.png

qxQM1P1.png

The reason why Chytil was double teamed because he put himself in that position. He had time to decide what he wanted to do and basically did nothing. Tired of people trying to bail out the wrong people.

Last edited:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

The reason why Chytil was double teamed because he put himself in that position. He had time to decide what he wanted to do and basically did nothing. Tired of people trying to bail out the wrong people.

If he tries to go back to Miller in either frame it gets picked off by Barzal. He could have gone back to Miller towards the end of the play but he was knocked off the puck and double teamed. In that situation he should have abandoned trying to keep possession and tried clear the zone of the boards/glass. IMHO

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Outcoached again. Game got tight and he panicked and decided to staple the young bucks’ hides to the bench in favor of more big four FWDs. Brind’Amour fed him and his team lunch in the play-ins and Trotz owned him in crunch time as well. Coached like someone terrified to make a mistake.

He coached like he preferred to explain a mistake from our vets than God forbid our young guys.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
If he tries to go back to Miller in either frame it gets picked off by Barzal. He could have gone back to Miller towards the end of the play but he was knocked off the puck and double teamed. In that situation he should have abandoned trying to keep possession and tried clear the zone of the boards/glass. IMHO

Like I said, he put himself in that position. Miller makes a great play to tap him the puck off the boards. From there, he has a whole slew of decisions, but he sees the first man there, freezes, and tries to turn back around... and that's a wrap.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Just finished. Great game to watch, despite the outcome.

The kids looked great!

Chytil is a bit of an odd case. I think if the goal of a rush is to enter with control and set up possession time, he is the worst choice in the top9 (save for Kreider, I guess) to do that. But he can create very dangerous chances with minimal amounts of room and time below the dots.

I will not be surprised in the least if he isn't playing centre anymore by season's end.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

egcTx0V.png

qxQM1P1.png

Like I've been saying for years... his IQ/gamesense/vision is suspect

out of all the kids, he was the last guy I'd throw out there.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Outcoached again. Game got tight and he panicked and decided to staple the young bucks’ hides to the bench in favor of more big four FWDs. Brind’Amour fed him and his team lunch in the play-ins and Trotz owned him in crunch time as well. Coached like someone terrified to make a mistake.

He's a below average NHL coach. I hope he won't be behind the bench next year.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Quinn probably over coached as he loves to do. Remember before OT started he was having a long conversation with Chytil? Probably put some garbage in his head and Chytil went in overthinking things when he got on the ice. Just let the f***ing kids player their game during the games.

Reactions: Larrybiv

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I'm glad this happened to Chytil instead of a veteran. Hopefully he can add this to his memory bank and become a better player for it.

Reactions: Cmox

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I don't know if I'm greedy or what but Losing in OT with our kids playing great and our vets playing like shit is better than winning with our vets playing well but I frankly wanted both. There's no excuse for our vets stinking up the joint. Where was Panarin? And I know he's not really a vet, this was kind of a disappointing game by Fox. I guess even Lidstrom had his off games.
Panarin is hurt. I think Fox might be too.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The Rangers and Flyers have the exact same record. The Rangers have scored 22 more goals than the Flyers and given up 36 less. The Rangers have a positive 21 goal diff and the Flyers have a -26. So we’re a +46 on them and yet we have the same record. That’s due to poor starts and putting ourselves behind the 8 ball too often.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Look I want Quinn gone but some of you are going tinfoil hat.

This roster clearly needs a motivator coach, it’s time to go from Renney to Tortorella

Reactions: duhmetreE

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
The kids are all starting to find their groove, I honestly don’t know what people are upset about.

They’ve been producing too. Kravtsov/Kakko/Chytil had in points in all of our goals. What happened to only caring about development?
Hard for them to develop and show their skill and earn ice time when they’re not out there with the man advantage or in OT. Seriously, where’s the accountability? People don’t have a right to criticize his double standards and hypocrisy?

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
I don't know if I'm greedy or what but Losing in OT with our kids playing great and our vets playing like shit is better than winning with our vets playing well but I frankly wanted both. There's no excuse for our vets stinking up the joint. Where was Panarin? And I know he's not really a vet, this was kind of a disappointing game by Fox. I guess even Lidstrom had his off games.
Its about time Zib gets called out here. Its always Kreider this and that and now "Where was Panarin". If Zib hits the net with one of his freakin good chances tonight we win. Just brutal. That one shot from in close on the set up from Fox was horrible missed the wide open net by a mile. Sick and tired of everyone using excuses for him. The guy has been a major disappointment except for what 6-7 games when he got all his goals.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Where is that coming from?

Towards the end of the game there was a shot on the bench and Panarin had a heating pad on his lower back/left side. That's usually a sign of tightness. Spasms? No idea. But they even mentioned on the broadcast. You could tell last few games Panarin hasn't had same jump he had when he came back from his absence. Clearly he's battling something. Fox has looked a bit sluggish compared to how he looked up until about 4-5 games ago. Could just be a lot of minutes against some bigger forwards. Or he could also be banged up a bit.

But this brings up a bigger point. The vets that Quinn leans on so heavily are starting to look over-used or a bit banged up. Who knows. But it's clear that several of the vets - even Buch the last few games -- haven't been playing with the same jump and aggressiveness. Few of them are getting inside. Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Buch and Fox/Lindgren seem a bit worn down.

Point is, playing the kids isn't about getting them experience at this point. It's about getting through the next two weeks -- with a LOT of games. They must give more ice to the kids just to get through 7 games in less than 12 days. It's a bad time to have Fox looking tired and Panarin nursing a back injury and Zib not bull-rushing.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Chytil was scared to take the hit. Plain and simple. He was moving north then pumped the brakes at the first sign of pressure. Sometimes it works but there he got burned.

I thought they played great. Isles were exhausted and had no answers for two periods for the second straight game.

Howden sucks. Failed experiment. If there’s one trade I’d like to see tomorrow (besides Smith) it’s one for a veteran checking center. Nothing fancy. Like a Skrudland or Rucchin or Betts type. But Howden is barely NHL quality.

Glad Kreider got called out. Consistency is never his thing.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Ok.

It's always bad faith shitposting with you and then you get mad when people don't engage.

You don't have to make up shit. I'm not angry.

You asked me why I watch the games. I told you because I enjoy watching. You don't. You prefer wrestling.

I don't understand why you're even here if you don't enjoy the sport, but that's your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->