Post-Game Talk: Islanders Defeat Flyers 6-1

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
looks like the best players are past the point of being worried about being traded. they are fed up with having to carry this coach and want him gone. as has happened in the past, watch them trade some players and watch them blossom with another team, because they get proper usage and not square pegged into a round hole.

Players are forcing the issue now cause the Gm is too much of a bitch.

Fire the coach, or trade us away from him, either way they win.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He was just explaining why he didn't play the kid, I think it was one of those "I'll give you one last chance to show you belong" and Vorobyev showed nothing the 1st period. He needs to go back to LHV, he's clearly not ready for the NHL.
Same with AMac, he got one game to show he was healthy, and then Folin was back in. Probably to stay.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Will not being watching another game for a while. Not even enjoyable watching when they win. Such a boring uninspired team. No passion, no hard work, terrible representation of the city. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. To think that we spend our hard earned money supporting this product is asinine. Enough is enough and it’s time for a change. If Hexy doesn’t make one than Holmgren has to step in and do so.

I love the flyers and will always love the flyers but they’re really testing that lately.

Only saw the highlights as I had to work today, but from an outside perspective, it looks like Hakstol has lost the team. Flyers were just floating, and were not hustling back on D on breakaways against.

You have a lot more talent than we do, and should be doing better than you are right now. Looks like he might be the first coach to go if FLA doesn't pull the trigger first.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Did they come close to a second one at some point? If so, that’s probably it. Otherwise, I guess it’s just one of those Shazaam by Sinbad type of things. Guys been here a long time so I’m sure there’s some conflation or losing streaks somewhere.

Just one ten game losing streak is more than enough for my point to stand here either way.

We can just see it as one long 269-game loser streak, with this loser in charge.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What is biggest issue your coach seems to have with Mikhail Vorobyev?

He's a typhoon**** from college who is completely out of his depth and whose one answer to everything is being a hardass hockey dinosaur with young players. He's also a former hockey scrub who rewards try-hard pieces of **** like Dale Weise and wishes someone had given him a similar chance before Andy Bezeau beat the living bejesusing **** out of him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He was just explaining why he didn't play the kid, I think it was one of those "I'll give you one last chance to show you belong" and Vorobyev showed nothing the 1st period. He needs to go back to LHV, he's clearly not ready for the NHL.
Same with AMac, he got one game to show he was healthy, and then Folin was back in. Probably to stay.

Oh wow one period tryout.

What a great development guy.

Truly stunning.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Probably doesn't make a difference in Hextall's mind though. He's too stubborn to have the fans influence his decisions.

He needs to see that the players are not interested in Hak anymore and lost their fire for the game. That hurts the development of the younger players as well that are trying to get minutes on this team. Hextall is a smart gm and needs to do the right thing tonight and get rid of that coach while bringing in a fresh mind that will play the youth and play in an exciting system.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Probably doesn't make a difference in Hextall's mind though. He's too stubborn to have the fans influence his decisions.

And the problem is that he is thinking all this clamor by the fans is "textbook Philadelphia bloodlust" - his "we know more than any fans" comments told us all we need to know about where his head is at in this regard. Normally I'd be happy he isn't listening to the rabble, but the rabble is right this time lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad