Post-Game Talk: Islanders Defeat Flyers 6-1

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek and Simmonds have been dogcrap this season. Lehtera has been one of our best players (in his role of course). Go figure.

If you're gonna fire the coaching staff and tank the season, go all the way and blow up the roster and make it clear that no one's job is safe.
When the players half-ass it and you fire the coach without other changes, you're scapegoating the coach and letting the players off the hook. And they get the message. Why listen to the next coach when there are no consequences?

These are the times when a GM finds out which players are worth keeping going forward, and it's not just games, who brings it in practice, who's out partying at 3AM before a game, etc. Some players hate losing and some players are happy to cash a big paycheck.

This team underperformed for Lavi, for Berube and now for Hakstol.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Hakstol's comments on Vorobyov are the type that a fired coach makes. If he can't trust Vorobyov then why did he dress him? That's BS. You don't say that stuff about a player to the public.
What has to happen here is a combination of things. Bring in a new coach and you can expect a ten game burst of energy. After that the same old same old will set back in. The players are accustomed to roles on the club which are both good and bad. Fire the coach but then also bring in new players. They don't fit together in order to play winning hockey. At this point its lucky if they can play a good shift much the less a period or a game. Hextall has an embarrassing grease fire on his hands that he never expected. Too bad. He has to man up and kick some asses. Its about time and they earned it. Its what the GM is paid to do.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I wouldn't mind a hockey trade at this point. Losing Hakstol and shaking up the "core" may be the spark this team needs.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What the heck is going on with the Flyboys? Does Provy need to sit for a game with the popcorn?

The Hawks go for their seventh win tonight. I don’t think anyone saw that coming. Mandog has been a force out there and beat up a hapless Ranger on Thursday night.

WTF does Manning have to do with the current state of your team? And he was worst Hawk player against Rangers if you read Hawks GDT

I came around to see if there was any light at end of tunnel and Flyers a team I have enjoyed watching for years (Naturally couldn't cheer for you in 2010) would wise up and fire your terrible coach

At this point I think its time for Hak and Hextall fate to be intertwined and for Flyers to move on from both if Hextall is willing to not only overlook what is happening but to defend it

Also Vorobyev getting thrown under bus by coach who clearly hates him is not good confidence builder for kid

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
WTF does Manning have to do with the current state of your team? And he was worst Hawk player against Rangers if you read Hawks GDT

I cam around to see if there was any light at end of tunnel and Flyers a team I have enjoyed watching for years (Naturally couldn't cheer for you in 2010) would wise up and fire your terrible coach

At this point I think its time for Hak and Hextall fate to be intertwined and for Flyers to move on from both if Hextall is willing to not only overlook what is happening but to defend it

Also Vorobyev getting thrown under bus by coach who clearly hates him is not good confidence builder for kid
It's all part of the plan, friend. Following a similar path, Sanhiem's impact was delayed for about a season. It's the rite of passage.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA

He had a typical, once a game Manning highlight reel mistake in the first period. After that he wasn’t too bad. Picking a fight at the end of the game ensured he would be in the lineup tonight...lol.

Reactions: macleish1974

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
looks like the best players are past the point of being worried about being traded. they are fed up with having to carry this coach and want him gone. as has happened in the past, watch them trade some players and watch them blossom with another team, because they get proper usage and not square pegged into a round hole.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
looks like the best players are past the point of being worried about being traded. they are fed up with having to carry this coach and want him gone. as has happened in the past, watch them trade some players and watch them blossom with another team, because they get proper usage and not square pegged into a round hole.

Flyers tradition.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Why does that myth keep getting repeated on here?

Did they come close to a second one at some point? If so, that’s probably it. Otherwise, I guess it’s just one of those Shazaam by Sinbad type of things. Guys been here a long time so I’m sure there’s some conflation or losing streaks somewhere.

Just one ten game losing streak is more than enough for my point to stand here either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad