Proposal: Islanders-Columbus

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
To Columbus- Strome, deHann

To Islanders- Foligno, 2nd

Why would the Isles do that?

Strome is inconsistent, but so is Foligno. Foligno 6 years older than Strome, making twice as much money.

Then they're adding a middle pairing D? I just don't get it.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
An Isles fan proposed this? Strome is better, younger and cheaper than Foligno while DeHann is worth more than a second. This proposal is a head scratcher

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
An Isles fan proposed this? Strome is better, younger and cheaper than Foligno while DeHann is worth more than a second. This proposal is a head scratcher

I agree with this, maybe Cam Atkinson instead. Foglino is a definite pass.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Meanwhile, from the Jackets' perspective, Foligno is kicking ass and taking names (he was over a point per game even before the Montreal Massacre), and while De Haan is pretty awesome he'd be seriously underutilized here. And Strome's development has been... bumpy, to say the least, so any motivation we'd have to acquire him has gone down considerably.

Not much reason for the Jackets to do it. And if Foligno ends up cooling back off, this is potentially disastrous for the Islanders - to make this even slightly worthwhile for them, Foligno would have to stay at close to his current production level, and... yeah, I love the guy, but that's not happening.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
No reason to trade our captain for this. At the point it doesn't help us any and we are playing pretty well. This hurts the locker room and can turn the season completely around into a tank job.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Before we trade guys like Strome, Nelson, CDH, Lee, we need to trade Jack Capuano to the unemployment line in exchange for a decent coach. Panicking and trading away the youth is a terrible idea.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Strome better than Foligno? I'd love to hear the explanation for that one (ignore the proposal, obviously a non-starter for both clubs).

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Strome better than Foligno? I'd love to hear the explanation for that one (ignore the proposal, obviously a non-starter for both clubs).

Strome is a better playmaker (first assist/60), has better primary production, generates more shots, but Foligno is better at most other metrics after taking a closer look. Foligno is better now but I think Strome still has a lot of potential and is not being utilized correctly. Foligno has been given every opportunity to succeed and if used similarly I believe Strome would be a better player if not this year then soon.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'm not interested in the trade idea but for a guy that was supposed to be leaned on more this season he sure hasnt really delivered (strome)

idk where the 2014-15 version of the guy went but I want him back

Mister Twister

Jun 24, 2016
Calgary, AB
Given that Isles fans hate this, and that I, as a Jackets fan, also hate this, I don't think this is a good foundation for any sort of hypothetical trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad