Islanders better than most people thought

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
The real world laughs at the idea of "expected" in hockey.

Then why are so many teams now spending big money on analytics, and many young minds who love analytics (Chyka, Dubas) are rising to executive positions? Sorry, but you just aren't right. The Don Cherry crowd is slowly melting out from professional front offices.

yeah - sorry - Devils are playing Toronto tonight so I have Marner on the mind!

One of us! One of us!

Hopefully he puts on a show for ya.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
just curious do you think the Pens are a poor team?
Do i think the team with letang malkin crosby in kessel is a poor team? What? Just because a team is playing below expectations or losing a few doesnt mean they are poor. That is so reactionary.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
The only thing more predictable than an Isles fan posting on the main board when they are playing well is the equal and opposite effect of the thread going quiet when they return to their mediocrity.

We are consistent, if nothing else.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
I think they finish well out of playoff contention.
Just not enough depth.

Trotz has to be one of the best coaches in the league he is a magician at getting the most out of his roster.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Free Falling just as everyone predicted.
Its a bit early to say they are free falling. Not sure if they can make the playoffs with this lineup. The type of system Trotz uses probab gives them the best chance.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Larry Brooks hates the islanders he’s a piece of ****. One of the biggest trolls in sports journalism.

He’s likely doing this to stir things up for the isles. He’s one of the most hated guys by New York hockey.

Just saw on NHL.com Hockey Hall of Fame induction, Ovechkin vs. Laine highlight week ahead article that Brooksie is getting an award for excellence in hockey journalism. I had to search HFBoards to see if anyone mentioned it, but holy shit LOL! Torts vs Brooksie was hilarious for years.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The best thing that could happen would be for Brooks to move to Columbus so he could start interviewing Torts again. I've missed those so much.
Brooks is a total d-bag , imo

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad