Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 3 - Well That Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm a bit worried you may have just had a stroke but I was agreeing with you haha -- in that coaches seem allergic to allowing players, especially young players, use what got them there unless of course they "pay their dues" first. Which... is a whole other thing.
Ah, yeah I am running off of 3hrs of sleep, my bad mate.

There was this book I read a very long time ago, it was about leadership and what not, most of it was common sense but there was one thing that stood out, on how to get people to grow and develop when they push back on it and it was basically saying if you play to their strengths and make them comfortable and sufficient in that, you can layer on other things slowly and they will be more open to adapting. It's how I've taken people under my wing at work and turned them into leaders within the company and for others when they've left.

But that same mindset can be applied to anything, including sports. If a bloke like Marino is good defensively and he's not right now but also trying to do too much, you make him go back to what got him here and then get him back to being comfortable there and then layer stuff back on.

Sullivan doesn't like that though, he just likes to sit people or play them off the team.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well when he was asked about the play, POJ literally said “it’s tough to get inside someone’s head”, which is basically “I had no clue what the f*** he was doing there”.

Letang's indecision certainly lead to that. Had he, from the get-go of the play and raced in to the puck, POJ would clearly see what he was doing and hopefully acted accordingly and bolted to the net.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait... Jarry has a .857 save percentage? That's real?
It's what happens when you don't play your #1 into getting his game back on track. Instead, you sit him after a bad one and let him marinate in it for weeks, then when he comes back out there and is still rusty but needs games, you sit him again after for another week.

#Sullylogic.

Not that Jarry has been bad, but he's shown progress when he's allowed to play out of it. It's like keeping a goalie in for all 7 goals, you gotta let him battle it out.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
So Tristan Jarry has a friggin .857 save percentage and people are like "dOn'T BlAme TeH GoAlerz!"

I had no idea it was that bad. The worst defense ever conceived doesn't explain that away. An entire defense of Jack Johnsons and Ian Morans don't explain that away. This fanbase is weird about it's goaltenders.

Yes.

And yes. It’s.....odd.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Frame%2037.png

that was weird as f**k...his hand wasn’t just there either...it was literally petting his shoulder like he was a cat lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Ah, yeah I am running off of 3hrs of sleep, my bad mate.

It's all good man I'm just ribbing you a little. I agree with the rest, too.

I blame all the goalies. Matt Murray was a nutcase. Fleury was a nutcase. Jarry peaked in middle school. CDS is f***ing trash.

What I don’t get is people who love goalies. Yinz are perverts.

Yeah I wanna make it clear I'm not blaming anything on anyone in particular... whole team's a mess... pretty simple.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wish you people would take up healthier hobbies like freebasing or cliff jumping, but no, you need the quick and dirty hit of goalie talk, you degenerate filth.

I like to split my time between goalie bashing and coach bashing, thank you!

I might free jump or cliff base after both those areas are fixed.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I blame all the goalies. Matt Murray was a nutcase. Fleury was a nutcase. Jarry peaked in middle school. CDS is f***ing trash.

That's what makes it part of the entertainment value.... The problem is where people make it personal and take it far, far too seriously.

ZluwMEW.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Fleury: average starting goalie with the mental fortitude of a chocolate eclair
Jarry: bad goalie who had a hot stretch behind a team playing a strict shutdown game
Murray: bad goalie who was ruined due to injuries and his father passing
DeSmith: Zatkoff 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->