Post-Game Talk: Islanders 3, Penguins 2 (SO) - Greiss Trolls the Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Brassard coming back will help but I think the appropriate move will be this . . .

1. Keep line 1 and line 3.

2. Pair Geno-Sprong and Brass-Phil. Figure out which one of Rust/Hags works best with each pair.

Now, that said, what Sully WILL do is something else. Best case scenario, he has Brass center Rust and Sprong.

I just think the bloom is off the HMK rose. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Truth be told, for as often as Geno and Phil bring out the best in each other, they bring out the worst in each other more. Yeah, they'll get their points, but it's as frequently in spite of how they are playing together as because of it.

IDEAL WORLD LINES . . .

Jake-Sid-Simon
Rust-Geno-Sprong
Hags-Brass-Phil
Cullen-Sheahan-Horny

Or flip Rust and Hags as noted. On the one hand, Rust-Brass-Phil was great in limited play last year. On the other hand, the chemistry between Hags-Brass from NY and Hags-Phil might translate into HBK 2.0 magic. At least it's worth exploring both ways.

Let Horny take some random shifts on lines 1 and 2 RW to keep Simon's and Sprong's, as well as Cullen's, minutes reasonable. Let Phil take shifts with Geno after a PK.

The bloom is off the rose for line 3 too I think...everything but line 1 really seems off...what about
Jake-Sid- Simon
Hags-G-Sprong/Horny
Rust-Sheahan-Phil
ZAR or WBS sub-Cullen-Sprong/Horny

Gets Grant out and we ice better centers while Brass is out

Dumo-Letang
Maatta-Olek
Riikola-Ruh

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I don't even know how you can complain about that game, it was a great game by both teams in November. One team has to lose every game. No one really stood out as being a minus, the closest is Grant who is continuing his best "warm body" impression.

I don't even care that the Penguins suck in shootouts tbh, there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs.
Ten row off the red line.

Good thing Malkins putting up points because his give aways and play without the puck are atrocious.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The good news is that WSH and NJD lost....

Bad news...TOR lost again and they’re going to be pissed for Saturday’s rematch....

Reactions: EightyOne

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't see them changing L2 anytime soon so gotta play around with the other parts...

I'd give Sheahan Grant's wingers.
Rust-Sheahan-Sprong would be my 3rd line.
If Simon with Sid cools off, get Horny up there immediately(or Sprong). Stop throwing Rust up there.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I thought Grant was actually pretty decent today, considering his limitations.

He made a pass to Sprong in front of the net... that was kind of something I guess.

TB would do that in his sleep but hey let him rot in the A and ruin his career and his whole damn life.

TB is gonna die alone in a gutter like Poe... all because of Sullivan.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I too, like to hate MAF. But that whole team kinda pumpkin'd the offseason and current season.

Nope. It’s all MAF fault.

He’s getting so desperate he’s trying to steal his opponents sticks.

He needs to see a shrink again.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Nope. It’s all MAF fault.

He’s getting so desperate he’s trying to steal his opponents sticks.

He needs to see a shrink again.

I'll take him as Murray back up/bench smiles at 50% retained.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Both these games were utterly frustrating.

Schultz and Brassard are healthy and we likely dominate this game.
The Pens did dominate these games. They just didn't win and that's not a good sign.

Every play is right to the next to the point that the goalie barely has to move side to side. Its role player hockey with great players.... No thinking or passing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Pens did dominate these games. They just didn't win and that's not a good sign.

Every play is right to the next to the point that the goalie barely has to move side to side. Its role player hockey with great players.... No thinking or passing.

Not a good sign?

You know what they say.. streaking teams lose games they shouldn’t and win games they shouldn’t.

We’ve lost two games in regulation. Two of our OT loss come in a skills competition.

This team has been pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens played well enough, got a point. Biggest downside is Sid’s goal streak is over so he might wait til Christmas to shoot again. Oh weell.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
He made a pass to Sprong in front of the net... that was kind of something I guess.

TB would do that in his sleep but hey let him rot in the A and ruin his career and his whole damn life.

TB is gonna die alone in a gutter like Poe... all because of Sullivan.

:) Well . . . they are in WBS and not Baltimore (as the Skipjacks) so it won't be excatly like Poe.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Best line for the Pens would be Hags-Geno-Horny. They were last year and they would be this year as well. Bryan Rust does not mix well with Geno. I'm surprised people still keep wanting to see them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad