Post-Game Talk: Islanders 3, Penguins 2 (SO) - Greiss Trolls the Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Fire power we have and can't score one goal in the SO.
I'll also call Sully an idiot for not putting Phil in Letangs slot.

Anywho.
Game wasn't horribly bad.
One doofus play by 58 on the PP and a flukey deflection goal.

Line3 needs changed/Horny needs to do his thing on a better line.

They should also get Riiko in for JJ.

On to the next one.
Maybe this'll teach 'em more goals in the 60 minutes is required.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
What are the odds it comes out that Murray has another concussion?

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
It’s not even Murray that bothers me in shootouts. It’s the guys on our side trying to score. They lollygag down the ice and then just ho-hum throw it on the net...if they even hit the net. Frustrating.

Agreed - Murray made two stops in the shootout. Greiss made one. Murray wasn't the problem in this shootout.

Reactions: BHD

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Murray was great. Especially in OT.

Hard to ask your goalie to make 3 straight shootout saves.

Thought the Team looked fine, Just Greiss playing amazing.

Johnson is horrible, We REALLY need Schultz. Him being a steady guy after Dumo and Letang will help alot.

Letang bodied Anders Lee in OT, he is amazing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We got a point I guess.

Ruhwedel and JJ blow.

Those two definitely were really brutal tonight. Whole team really overall. I mean, some were good in spurts, but they weren't dialed in for this.

That said, think about all the looks they got tonight. Phil had what, 4 clean wrist shots. Pretty sure Geno had the same number of clean looks. Sid had his chances.

IF you just consider the number of chances they had tonight, this is a 'well, they played meh but still scored 4' type of night.

As I said, as @ColePens said, as others said, you tip your cap and call it a night.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Frustrating couple of games to watch.

Third line was pretty much a no show on the offensive side and out there for the Isles' ES goal, although that was a great play by Lee. Hopefully Brassard will come back soon.

3rd line minutes, 4th line offensive ability. That line ain't ever gonna generate anything offensively. As currently constructed with available personnel, we are a two-line team.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Barry Trotz Factor.

Don’t matter the horses. Holtby, Greiss. Ovi, Bailey. Carlson, Cizikas. The man knows how to beat this team.

So Trotz is Belichick to Steelers’ Tomlin...lol...don’t think so

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Those two definitely were really brutal tonight. Whole team really overall. I mean, some were good in spurts, but they weren't dialed in for this.

That said, think about all the looks they got tonight. Phil had what, 4 clean wrist shots. Pretty sure Geno had the same number of clean looks. Sid had his chances.

IF you just consider the number of chances they had tonight, this is a 'well, they played meh but still scored 4' type of night.

As I said, as @ColePens said, as others said, you tip your cap and call it a night.

Both these games were utterly frustrating.

Schultz and Brassard are healthy and we likely dominate this game.

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Johnson is horrible

What did he do tonight that qualifies him as "horrible"? Same thing with Ruhwedel, I didn't have an issue with either of them tonight. They were perfectly whatever, they were fine.

Is this just the same people crying about Johnson who have been crying about him after every game, or was Johnson actually doing something wrong tonight? Because it really seems like it's the same people every single game.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
JJ and Ruh should not be playing. Johnson is the worst. We are getting zero from the third and fourth line. Rust sucks big time this year. and I can'rt stand Sheahan anymore.

Other than that we were OK

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Fair play on Greiss. He deserves the credit.
BUT... Sid and Geno have four shootout attempts between them this season, and all four have just completely sucked. Come on guys... it’s a skills competition, you are... skilled.... right?

Its funny because people criticize Letang for being dumb, but Crosby and Malkin are insanely guilty of over thinking and fancying up everything for no point.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
So Trotz is Belichick to Steelers’ Tomlin...lol...don’t think so
Lol kinda kidding. But he has figured us out nicely of late. Won 6 of the last 8 against us.

These games were bleh though. Lucky bounces and a nice novelty performance from a backup goalie on sh** ice.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
What did he do tonight that qualifies him as "horrible"? Same thing with Ruhwedel, I didn't have an issue with either of them tonight. They were perfectly whatever, they were fine.
OK, wtach them please, its little things, they both hold onto the puck in total cluelesness don't have any idea and than just fire it along the wall, killing any momentum, giving these guys all the chances to keep on with the attack

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also, if theres a way to piss one of your best goal scorers, who's been aces on breakaways this season btw, Sully may have found a way.
Tell me why 81's gonna play hard for Sully Saturday?
Hopefully he'll do it for the guys in the room instead.

Reactions: Freedom

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

He just looks horrible.

The way he is always just hunched over. Looks clueless in the Dzone. He looks like a player who is close to being done.

Like, he might actually be done as a player. Sad that he is here and being paid more than league min. Anything more is an overpay

Reactions: Andy99

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And JJ is what he is and the coaching staff recognize it.
He's getting cup cake minutes now and low TOI.
Like i said, it wouldn't kill them to switch out him for Riiko and just keep going with the 6 that win you games atm.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Barzal is gonna be a superstar.

I'd take him over Matthews, his skating and Agility around the net is Crosby like.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I really don't think Trotz has much to do with it. It's just lackadaisical Penguins hockey with a lackadaisical Penguins result.

Huge Fleury hater. That dude was money 1 on 1.

A bit tooooo much pokecheck, but, he makes it work a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad