Post-Game Talk: Islanders 3, Penguins 2 (SO) - Greiss Trolls the Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
7vGq.gif

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Garbage effort. Garbage result.

They absolutely CANNOT take it to a SO with Murray in net. No way.

And the “stars” better figure out how to score on breakaway goals. It’s the same tired, lackluster garbage that doesn’t work time and time again.

Isles gain 3 points on the Pens in two games...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I mean... ++++ Greiss. He absolutely won them that game. That's all I can say.

Gotta give credit where it's due. He was freaking incredible.

Every tendency. The Geno one timer on the PP. Phil's wrister. The poke check on Sid. Everything. He was one step ahead of every Penguins shooter. Sometimes, you just have to tip your cap and call it a night.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm not really worried.

The last two games look like a team that should've won games versus where we were at to start the season where we were winning games we should have lost.

Murray looks dialed in.

Letang looks off still.

Props to Sprong for stringing together some good games.

Johnson was terrible on the 2 - 1 goal. Dude is seriously costing us every time he is on the ice. Coaching staff is noticing. Wouldn't be surprised if my absurd prediction of him being a scratch by January actually becomes true. What an absolutely mind numbing contract.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Third line was pretty much a no show on the offensive side and out there for the Isles' ES goal, although that was a great play by Lee. Hopefully Brassard will come back soon.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Every tendency. The Geno one timer on the PP. Phil's wrister. The poke check on Sid. Everything. He was one step ahead of every Penguins shooter. Sometimes, you just have to tip your cap and call it a night.

Or sometimes you have to know your own tendencies and change things up...surprise works really well in sports ....

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't even know how you can complain about that game, it was a great game by both teams in November. One team has to lose every game. No one really stood out as being a minus, the closest is Grant who is continuing his best "warm body" impression.

I don't even care that the Penguins suck in shootouts tbh, there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad