Post-Game Talk: Islanders 3, Penguins 1 - Not With a Bang, Not Even a Whimper

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Even if you are the type of fan who's inclined to think every playoff series loss is the most embarrassing one ever, last year's loss against the Capitals wouldn't even come close to our most embarrassing. I would consider 2015, 2014, and 2013 much more embarrassing, and that's just in the last few years.

Read the post I never said Washington was embarrassing. I said Washington will probably sweep NYI next round to show you what a pathetic performance this truly is. Cole said it was defensive structure and I agree when I said this team has 0 heart. After yesterday’s performance I might go back to no heart just a lifeless performance in a huge game

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Read the post I never said Washington was embarrassing. I said Washington will probably sweep NYI next round to show you what a pathetic performance this truly is. Cole said it was defensive structure and I agree when I said this team has 0 heart. After yesterday’s performance I might go back to no heart just a lifeless performance in a huge game

Oh, I see. Well, you might try using punctuation or writing more clearly if you want people to understand your posts.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Even if the Penguins lose this playoff series, it's not going to be anything close to the 2013 Bruins or 2012 Flyers series. They'll probably lose the series in about 6 games at this point, but you also have to remember that the Islanders were the better team in the regular season. Losing a series 4-2 when you're the lower seed isn't an embarrassing loss. Considering both games have been pretty close too, that just makes it even less problematic. If the Penguins lose this series, it's not going to be embarrassing for them because it's going to continue to be a close series where they were the underdog.

The Lightning going down 2-0 to the #8 seed Jackets, after tying the record for wins in a season, is embarrassing. The Penguins losing 2 close games on the road as the lower seed isn't embarrassing.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
A lot of you have more faith in the Pens winning tomorrow then I do, that’s for sure

Also grammar correction posts on a hockey message board is probably the weakest take of all! Hot or Not. Pathetic

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Crosby Malkin era. Getting swept by a largely under talented Islanders team who just lost their best player the year before most embarrassing playoff loss in team history. Bruins at least had a good Cup caliber team the year they swept us. Washington will beat the Isles in 4-5 games next round. We suck
There’s a reason the Islanders have home ice advantage.

The Objective troll

Apr 7, 2019
Next offseasn I want to see turds like Simon, ZAR fired into the sun. Completely f***ing useless secondary players.

And there needs to be major changes. As far as I'm concerned, anyone that's not named Crosby, malkin and Guentzel is on the chopping block. The team has gotten rotten, time to bring in some fresh meat, who play with speed and tenacity.

Reactions: pensfan71

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I know people don't want to believe it, but the Islanders are a good hockey team. The don't have the fire power some teams have, but they have a really strong, deep group of players and a goaltender who is playing at a decent level. I could see them getting past us and winning another round.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Next offseasn I want to see turds like Simon, ZAR fired into the sun. Completely ****ing useless secondary players.

And there needs to be major changes. As far as I'm concerned, anyone that's not named Crosby, malkin and Guentzel is on the chopping block. The team has gotten rotten, time to bring in some fresh meat, who play with speed and tenacity.

I think useless is a strong word. They have use. They aren't employed correctly. Big difference.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I know people don't want to believe it, but the Islanders are a good hockey team.

Nah, it's just the Pittsburgh Globetrotters being gutless losers who suck, opponents don't matter apparently.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Next offseasn I want to see turds like Simon, ZAR fired into the sun. Completely ****ing useless secondary players.

This, we have multiple players on the roster who wouldn’t be in the line-up on other contending teams.

Anything could happen, we could be staring at a cup win next season - with that said - given the age of our core... this is traditionally where the decline starts. I’m not saying decline as in awful, I’m just saying that they’re going to have to find players more closer to Guentzel and less closer to ZAR and Simone to help.

Rutherford is going to have to start bringing his A game again too.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
I think people just think they got lucky, but that just means they don’t know much about the Isles.

Could just have said, don't know much about hockey to be honest. It's 82 games, Islanders came before the Pens, they're a good hockey team period.

I will try and write something more later, based on the fact of what we've seen from this Pens team the last 2 years, not just this year.

Pens can still win this series, I hope they do. But it wouldn't be surprsing to me at least if they don't.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Nah, it's just the Pittsburgh Globetrotters being gutless losers who suck, opponents don't matter apparently.
You're really embarrassing yourself. Not sure how long you've been watching playoff hockey, but there's a lot of hockey to be played.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
A lot of you have more faith in the Pens winning tomorrow then I do, that’s for sure

Also grammar correction posts on a hockey message board is probably the weakest take of all! Hot or Not. Pathetic

All I meant is that you shouldn't bitch about people not understanding your posts if you can't express yourself clearly.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh

Your failure to express yourself coherently is your problem, not ours. Punctuation exists for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad