Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #6

Who is the Islanders #6 Prospect?

• Dal Colle, Michael - W (2014: 5th OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iskhakov, Ruslan - F (2018: 43rd OVR)

• Koivula, Otto - F (2016: 120th OVR)

• Skarek, Jakub - G (2018: 72nd OVR)

• Vande Sompel, Mitchell - D (2015: 82nd OVR)

• Wotherspoon, Parker - D (2015: 112nd OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Wish there was a dislike button to dislike every post that notes Devon Toew's age.

Toews add Quenneville.
Age should not be a factor. There have been players in the past who have arrived "late", but who have nevertheless enjoyed a good career. Joe Juneau is an example. We'll see for Toews.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Age should not be a factor. There have been players in the past who have arrived "late", but who have nevertheless enjoyed a good career. Joe Juneau is an example. We'll see for Toews.
Age shouldn't be the be-all and end-all, but it's obviously a factor. You're telling me if Toews was this good at 19 he wouldn't be more valuable than being this good at 24?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Age shouldn't be the be-all and end-all, but it's obviously a factor. You're telling me if Toews was this good at 19 he wouldn't be more valuable than being this good at 24?

I agree. Age, level of competition and performance should definitely be factors that are considered as part of the overall package and evaluation process. Maybe not as important as measurables and talent, but a consideration nonetheless.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Have people forgotten about Soderstom, whom is supposed to be starter material?

Starter material according to who? He only played a few games last season because of an injury... and when he played he wasn't good at all. That might be the reason why people isn't high on him anymore...

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Voted Toews, but make no mistake about it what Aho did last year was very promising. He was a fifth round pick (I think) and stepped into playing NHL minutes.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Voted Toews, but make no mistake about it what Aho did last year was very promising. He was a fifth round pick (I think) and stepped into playing NHL minutes.
he impressed me. i wonder if they would consider playing him at forward?

and while we're at it, convert Johnston to defence, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad