Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #2

Who is the Islanders #2 Prospect?

• Iskhakov, Ruslan - F (2018: 43rd OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soderstrom, Linus - G (2014: 95th OVR)

• Vande Sompel, Mitchell - D (2015: 82nd OVR)

• Wilde, Bode - D (2018: 41st OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
If he was so good (and I think Bellows is a good prospect, don't misunderstand me), he would not have been buried in the 3rd line. Unless you suggest it's the coach at BU who didnt know what he was doing...

I dunno. Why is Jacob deGrom a great pitcher even though he got shelled in AA and AAA in 2013?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Shelled is a bit strong. His AA numbers weren't great but his numbers in AAA were actually pretty good for the PCL.

I wouldn't call a 4.52 ERA "pretty good", even for the PCL. If you want to be charitable you can say they were average. Still, nothing that would suggest he'd be an elite ace at the MLB level, which was the point of the post. Judging a prospect by their numbers at one level for one season has very little to do with their upside.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't debate with stupid. I just put stupid on ignore

Worth the infraction

No, because you're going to lose the debate!
I did not expect less from you! The action of the weak: he does not know what to answer, he is offended (for whatever strange reason!), he puts me on his ignored list!

And can you tell me what I said so "stupid" to start? Oh Yes you put me on "ignored list!" You won't answer... Anyway, Bellows indeed experienced a difficult season in the NCAA! Probably that Bellows would be the first to recognize it! You're the hypersensitive idiot!
It's an honor to be on your list of ignored. You're a poor pedantic idiot.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I dunno. Why is Jacob deGrom a great pitcher even though he got shelled in AA and AAA in 2013?
I'm not saying that Bellows is not a good prospect, I'm just saying he had a tough season with BU. I do not consider him a bust! I just do not agree with the "excuse" of his tough season because he was playing on a third line. If he played there, chances are, and more likely, that he did not impress his coach to have a bigger ice time. That's all! It's not the end of the world and Bellows proved he could bounce back. Well done for him.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I'm not saying that Bellows is not a good prospect, I'm just saying he had a tough season with BU. I do not consider him a bust! I just do not agree with the "excuse" of his tough season because he was playing on a third line. If he played there, chances are, and more likely, that he did not impress his coach to have a bigger ice time. That's all! It's not the end of the world and Bellows proved he could bounce back. Well done for him.

He probably didn't impress. Unfortunately though for a college freshman, if you don't impress before the season starts you are going to have a hard time working your way up the lines. Keller and Co. took the ball and ran with it. Bellows didn't. Not sure if that translates to Bellows having a bad year, but at least an unimpressive start.

Still though, you appear to be backtracking a bit. Your actual words were something along the lines of "if he's so good why was he stuck on the 3rd line". You're implying he's overrated due to his freshman year of college hockey - which is fine, you're entitled to that opinion. Let's at least just call it what it is.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
If we’re talking about a future franchise goalie who is just one contract away from making the team, and a super talent who has proven nothing against men... then I would cast my vote on the goalie.

But maybe that’s just me... but I think many of you guys are sleeping on Sorokin.

I think most of us see someone with a Russian name and figure we'll never see him in the NHL, so of course that affects his ranking. I'm not sure he'll ever come over.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
He probably didn't impress. Unfortunately though for a college freshman, if you don't impress before the season starts you are going to have a hard time working your way up the lines. Keller and Co. took the ball and ran with it. Bellows didn't. Not sure if that translates to Bellows having a bad year, but at least an unimpressive start.

Still though, you appear to be backtracking a bit. Your actual words were something along the lines of "if he's so good why was he stuck on the 3rd line". You're implying he's overrated due to his freshman year of college hockey - which is fine, you're entitled to that opinion. Let's at least just call it what it is.
No, I'm not backtracking. I thought it was obvious that I was talking about his season in the NCAA, that's just what I was talking about. "If he was so good (that year), he would not have played on the 3rd line." I didnt say "that year", but since he never played on the 3rd line the other seasons (and I was responding to someone excusing his difficult season because he was "buried" on the 3rd line), it should have been obvious I was talking about that season. Anyway, time to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad