Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #1

Who is the Islanders #1 Prospect?

• Aho, Sebastian - D (2017: 139th OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soderstrom, Linus - G (2014: 95th OVR)

• Vande Sompel, Mitchell - D (2015: 82nd OVR)

• Wilde, Bode - D (2018: 41st OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Time for the yearly ranking of Islanders prospects! If you're new, here's how this works:

1. One by one, we'll have 25 polls to determine who the Islanders top 25 prospects are. In every thread, please vote for whichever prospect you consider the best.

2. How you determine the "best" prospect isn't by a firm set of guidelines. Some view top-end potential and ceilings, others view how close a prospect is to a stable NHL role. Just let your conscience be your guide, differing opinions on what makes one prospect better than another make these threads fun.

3. In the event of an extremely close vote between two selections, a run-off will occur between the two selections, so people who voted for other prospects can pick between the two. The loser of the runoff will take their spot behind the winner - so if a runoff for 7th place occurs, the winner gets 7th place, the loser gets 8th place, and we move onto the vote for 9th.

4. Ho-Sang and Aho both count despite their NHL games played. Ho-Sang just attended prospect camp and Aho got a paltry 22 games as a band-aid last season. Like most things, it's just more fun to include Ho-Sang.

5. In every thread, reply with who you voted for and who you want to add to the next poll. Whichever prospect receives the most "add" votes will be added to the next poll. Reasoning behind either selection is always encouraged but not required, a simple:

Dobson, add Iskhakov

Works fine (and happen to be my votes for round #1).

6. All polls will generally close in 2 days from the time they're posted. I might also forget or be late, so if I'm slow @CodeE me to the previous thread and I'll post the next one.

We got a great prospect cabinet, let's see where everyone falls!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think it's Sorokin, and almost easily. Dobson and Whalstrom are excellent prospects, Bellows and Toews too but as far as ceiling, low end potential, accomplishments thus far and even impact to the team in the future, I go Sorokin.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
dobbythehouseelf.jpg

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Sorokin by a nose over the two rookies and Bellows. He is arguably the top goalie prospect in all the NHL.

Add MDC, haha....no, add DQ

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I am split between Dobson and Wahlstrom, I do give a slight edge to Dobson though because I am guessing he has more trade value

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Well, I'm either an idiot, or fall victim to not being a member long enough to participate in the polling threads I guess, because I can't figure out how to place my vote. >.< :help:

I couldn't find anything in a cursory look at the Terms of Service and Rules that might indicate being a member for a certain period as prerequisite to participation in polling. :huh:

If I could vote though, I would go with Dobson because of the upside value of a true potential top line defender and I would add Iskhakov.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Well, I'm either an idiot, or fall victim to not being a member long enough to participate in the polling threads I guess, because I can't figure out how to place my vote. >.< :help:

I couldn't find anything in a cursory look at the Terms of Service and Rules that might indicate being a member for a certain period as prerequisite to participation in polling. :huh:

If I could vote though, I would go with Dobson because of the upside value of a true potential top line defender and I would add Iskhakov.

The mods could add your vote for you.

Since you're a noob, some features are not available to you yet. I think there is a 30 or 60 day probation period. I forget exactly how long it is, I think it might be 60 days as opposed to 30.

Reactions: nyisleslover

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'll go with the guy who actually showed me something in the NHL already, Ho-Sang.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
a probation period to vote in a poll? Please tell me this is an NHL thing and not strictly an Islander rule. I was wondering why my vote wasn't counting up top

19 Straight

Jan 25, 2006
New Jersey
I agree with PK - Ho-Sang has produced in the NHL when given a chance. Everybody else is a complete mystery. JHS for me. Add MDC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->