Value of: Islanders 1st Rounder (12th ov)

Jan 21, 2018
The isles aren't trading that pick for an average #2C, and they aren't getting a #1C for it either.

If JT leaves there is no rush to speed up the rebuild, draft the BPA and be patient.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What would you trade for the Islanders 12th overall pick? Looking for defense and possibly a center if JT walks. I think the Isles could have one of the two picks avaiable for the right player.
I would not be surprised if the isles moved packaged one of the first + Nelson for a durable ,reliable top 4.

I do not see them moving either 1st for a center.I think Barzal slides into that #1 center spot and they either sign a ufa for the 2nd line spot or give Beau every chance to grab that spot.

Reactions: sebsisles

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
What would you trade for the Islanders 12th overall pick? Looking for defense and possibly a center if JT walks. I think the Isles could have one of the two picks avaiable for the right player.

If JT walks, the Isles will be the ones trading players for draft picks and not the other way around. Lee, Eberle, and Nelson are all probably gone.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders need to trade those picks for defense more then Center. If Tavares leaves then option B to me would be try sign Bozak or Stastny

Reactions: sebsisles

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
If JT walks, the Isles will be the ones trading players for draft picks and not the other way around. Lee, Eberle, and Nelson are all probably gone.

I get where you're coming from. I guess i am just holding onto some small slim hope that we are actually active this offseason and make some smart moves. Its rough being an Isles fan haha

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
If JT is signed, then 1 of the 2 picks along with maybe Nelson or 1 of the 2 2nd rounders should be used to upgrade the D. if JT walks, use the picks and look for a UFA center in the meantime

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think both are good fits, should get interesting once Jt makes up his mind.

Another outside the box option for center is both Lee and Bailey were drafted as Centers. Move one of them back to that spot(all that being said given Lee's skating I think Bailey is the safer bet).

Basically

Lee-Bailey-Ho Sang

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Another outside the box option for center is both Lee and Bailey were drafted as Centers. Move one of them back to that spot(all that being said given Lee's skating I think Bailey is the safer bet).

Basically

Lee-Bailey-Ho Sang

I'd have to agree, deff feel safer with Bailey at C. i think his game translates better to C and is better defensively.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
The isles aren't trading that pick for an average #2C, and they aren't getting a #1C for it either.

If JT leaves there is no rush to speed up the rebuild, draft the BPA and be patient.

Thats fine, i am looking to see what kind of value we can get for the pick. Being that we have 2 first rounders back to back i wanted to see what was out there. Agree with your logic if Jt walks tho!

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Basically

Lee-Bailey-Ho Sang
No to both notions. Bailey is a wing, not a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad