Signing(s): Isiah Kiner-Falefa signs with Blue Jays (2 years/15 M)

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
Why? This signing seems redundant. I get he plays every position on the field but we have Biggio, Espinal, Schneider, Clement, Martinez. So unless there is some blockbuster trade this appears right now like the very same team that played last season. I like KK coming back but unless there is some kind of platoon with Springer sitting verse RHP (assuming that they're still looking at Bellinger). We need more offence in this lineup, so assuming that IKF replaces Merrifield at 2B we still need a 3B/DH/OF and the FA list is getting smaller by the day.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Why? This signing seems redundant. I get he plays every position on the field but we have Biggio, Espinal, Schneider, Clement, Martinez. So unless there is some blockbuster trade this appears right now like the very same team that played last season. I like KK coming back but unless there is some kind of platoon with Springer sitting verse RHP (assuming that they're still looking at Bellinger). We need more offence in this lineup, so assuming that IKF replaces Merrifield at 2B we still need a 3B/DH/OF and the FA list is getting smaller by the day.
I just assumed he was signed to replace Chapman at 3B...

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
I just assumed he was signed to replace Chapman at 3B...
But doesn't that feel like a step backwards if he is actually replacing Chapman? I read something earlier about Milwaukee wanting to re-tool, I wonder if there is a multi player deal with that Yelich/Adames/Burnes apparently they were talking to the Padres about Cronenworth

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
But doesn't that feel like a step backwards if he is actually replacing Chapman? I read something earlier about Milwaukee wanting to re-tool, I wonder if there is a multi player deal with that Yelich/Adames/Burnes apparently they were talking to the Padres about Cronenworth
Doesn't it feel like a step backwards regardless of who he replaces?

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
Doesn't it feel like a step backwards regardless of who he replaces?
It defiantly does feel like a step back, wasn't really a fan of Whit. He just feels like they have internal options that they're not paying $7.5 M per leason. I don't know how you go from being up there for Othani (yes I know he is a unicorn) and are worried about the $$$ for Beli and Chapman, another season might be lost!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad