Player Discussion Isac Lundestrom

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That`s good news! I rather see him returning to SHL at this point and take the leader role on the team. Build up from there.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
So he is going the Larsson route , Nhl>Ahl>Wjc>Shl, amirite?
I hope this doesnt hurt his longtime development, playing under 4 coaches in 5 months time cant be easy.
Anyways, good news

Reactions: Elf and Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So he is going the Larsson route , Nhl>Ahl>Wjc>Shl, amirite?
I hope this doesnt hurt his longtime development, playing under 4 coaches in 5 months time cant be easy.
Anyways, good news

Yeah was thinking the same. This is a key development year for him, playing for 3 different pro teams and taking a break from pro hockey for world juniors doesn’t really give him much time to settle in anywhere and be comfortable with systems etc.

Reactions: nilssont

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Lundestrom has been in Lulea for like 4-5 days now, but has yet to practice with the team. He is not allowed to, because the Ducks still haven't sent the transfer card that's mandatory when loaning players. Well done BM, well done.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Lundestrom has been in Lulea for like 4-5 days now, but has yet to practice with the team. He is not allowed to, because the Ducks still haven't sent the transfer card that's mandatory when loaning players. Well done BM, well done.
That card is probably somewhere in Zürich.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sounds about right

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Didn't Barstool forget to do something else like this a few year ago? I seem to recall something with Gibson not being able to play in the AHL?

My memory might be a little fuzzy though but BM forgetting to do something like this has happened before I believe.

I believe what you are referring to is when gibson was not eligible to play in the ahl playoffs because he wasnt placed on the ahl team on the day that some kind of playoff roster freeze happened. Not really too sure of the specifics.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Yeah was thinking the same. This is a key development year for him, playing for 3 different pro teams and taking a break from pro hockey for world juniors doesn’t really give him much time to settle in anywhere and be comfortable with systems etc.
I'm also thinking that playing for Luleå would be positive energy, they are fighting for top spot in SHL. What @alcolol said on the previous page.
Tabell 2018/2019 - SHL.se

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
There was a rant about how Lundestrom's season has been a whirlwind from rookie NHL tourney, to NHL, to AHL, to WJC, and now to SHL. It might be a blessing in disguise for Lundestrom to have some respite before playing hockey again. He's back in the SHL, where his coaches had a development plan for him. The NHL Ducks used him out of necessity than growth.

Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018
Lundeström made his debut for Luleå earlier today. He played 18 minutes, all in equal strenght and most of all forwards. He won 10 out of 17 faceoffs and he went +1. Overall he played a good game.

Last edited:
Reactions: duxfan1101

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He was not good at WJC. He looked better in the NHL compared to WJC tbh.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Really hope he stays in Sweden next year and develops his finishing and offensive confidence. He's got similar attributes like Zetteberg in size and two-way play... just needs to get stronger and more aggressive to score.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

The TOI was inflated due to the game going to OT but hard to argue against letting one of your top prospects play 20+ minutes a night for one of the best teams in the SHL. He simply wouldn't have had the same opportunity in North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad