Player Discussion Isac Lundestrom

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Seems early. I would think European players can wait until after Christmas. They are better off playing in the leagues over there than skating at the OC practice rink.

I wonder if the new 14 day quarantine "recommendation" - which may become a requirement - is the reason? My guess is that players will need to follow the recommendation.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Seems early. I would think European players can wait until after Christmas. They are better off playing in the leagues over there than skating at the OC practice rink.

Why would they do that? You need to attend your own teams training camp. Which is also gonna start well before Christmas.

Non playoff teams are also getting a headstart so between that and what I assume is a 14-day quarantine then the timing is about perfect.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Only Timra players have come overseas, yes? Then before other teams start to do it, no reason to calculate tge dates I guess. Might be anything

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I don’t think that’s going to happen, but we’ll see. Covid cases are heading in the wrong direction.
Shouldn’t worry about cases worry about hospitalization and death rates which are diminishing even as case numbers are rising.

people are getting immune or a symptomatic even though cases are rising “supposedly” as others have stated and Elon musk proved this weekend when he was tested four times, By the same nurse, at the same station and two test came out negative and two positive. Time to move on and stop making the cure worse then the problem

Reactions: tomd

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Shouldn’t worry about cases worry about hospitalization and death rates which are diminishing even as case numbers are rising.

people are getting immune or a symptomatic even though cases are rising “supposedly” as others have stated and Elon musk proved this weekend when he was tested four times, By the same nurse, at the same station and two test came out negative and two positive. Time to move on and stop making the cure worse then the problem

Elon took antigen tests which are pretty unreliable unless done in a specific timeline. It's been known for months now that almost half of negative tests for them come back false. Elon happened to hit that percentage exactly.

Here’s Why We Can’t Rely on Rapid Coronavirus Testing

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
To change the topic: so what can Isaac do to improve his shot?

Be willing to shoot it? It seems on NA ice that he focuses mostly on his defense because that's all he's been praised for since he was drafted. In games outside of NA ice, there are many highlights of him attacking the net and makes me wonder, "Is that the same player we drafted?" Of course, he has more history with his SHL team than the Ducks' NHL and AHL team. That's probably why he's able to put up offense and still be defensively responsible. On NA ice, he's had two different head coaches at the NHL and AHL levels for the past two seasons. LoL

Reactions: Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Hopefully they're bringing him over to quarantine then get used to the ice while his confidence is up. Then encourage him to play the same style of game here. Oh, and hoping we have Ducks hockey again soon (even if it's a bubble "tournament" for non playoff teams)

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I remember being mad that we picked Lundestrom when Veleno fell to us which i never thought would happen, but every since man have I been a fan of this kid. So smart in all 3 zones, great skater, and the offense is starting to come with him. He's a good one.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If you like him you want to draft beniers for sure, he's an upgraded similar player.

Reactions: MCB

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I was excited about his play before the hatty. This kid is an important piece going forward. I love his zone entries.

Reactions: Kalv

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
This is the beauty of tons of competition for spots amongst young and hungry kids. The cream rises to the top and you never really know who is going to take that next step forward. Steel needs to step it up because Lundy has officially passed him up now.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Happy for Lundestrom. Obviously we shouldn't expect this every game, but I'll take it as him finally being rewarded for being a very solid player despite not being able to buy a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad