Player Discussion Isac Lundestrom

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He’s gonna be ahl bound next season I’m hoping
In Sweden its like they are not even telling him to creative more offensively or shoot the puck more.
They seem to care more about their season & i heard their using him as a defensive player instead of trying to develop his offensive game.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
In Sweden its like they are not even telling him to creative more offensively or shoot the puck more.
They seem to care more about their season & i heard their using him as a defensive player instead of trying to develop his offensive game.
The SHL is not a developmental league. They're not going to put him into situations to try develop his game.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I don't know anything about what's going on in SHL. Earlier it was speculated that the roster spot would be open for him in the top 6 with PP time. Is he still centering the lower lines?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018
Let's get some facts straight here. Before this game, Lundeström got second most ice time among forwards in the whole league. He averaged 19.16 minutes per game, 2.22 in powerplay and 16.51 minutes in even strenght. He's playing in all situations creating chances all the time. So get your facts straight.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Let's get some facts straight here. Before this game, Lundeström got second most ice time among forwards in the whole league. He averaged 19.16 minutes per game, 2.22 in powerplay and 16.51 minutes in even strenght. He's playing in all situations creating chances all the time. So get your facts straight.
Tack så mycket! (Thank you!)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Racking up huge minutes but not scoring at all, he really is gonna be Kesler* afer all :sarcasm:

*34 yo Kesler

dragovici

Dec 24, 2013
in orbit
Couple of thoughts from somebody who has seen all of his SHL games ever.
This season he is a lot better than last season. More consistency on the offense by creating chances and looks like more of a leader on the ice. More creative for sure. Shooting more but it's still a skill he needs to develop. Fills a great need on the current #2 team in the SHL. First goal couldn't get closer right now. He's been playing as PPG player in my opinion. Don't you worry!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Racking up huge minutes but not scoring at all, he really is gonna be Kesler* afer all :sarcasm:

*34 yo Kesler

Before there was Kesler, the Ducks had Pahlsson. No one complained about that shutdown line. Pahlsson is still god to us here in So Cal. But I do hope Isac does develop scoring prowess. As of right now, Isac is the most complete two-way prospect the Ducks have and he's only 18. We probably should wait a couple more years to see where Isac is at, but at this stage, I'm just ecstatic to see him handle the SHL in his second season. As is, Isac is already an NHL level player. What other improvement can he do to his game after a couple of seasons? Remember, he just turned 19 years old in November.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Before there was Kesler, the Ducks had Pahlsson. No one complained about that shutdown line. Pahlsson is still god to us here in So Cal. But I do hope Isac does develop scoring prowess. As of right now, Isac is the most complete two-way prospect the Ducks have and he's only 18. We probably should wait a couple more years to see where Isac is at, but at this stage, I'm just ecstatic to see him handle the SHL in his second season. As is, Isac is already an NHL level player. What other improvement can he do to his game after a couple of seasons? Remember, he just turned 19 years old in November.
I consider “two way” as being good offensively and defensively so far he hasn’t shown any offensive prowess imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->