is Zach Hamill this year's version of Brian Little??

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
someone compare the two please, i have seen Little quite a bit living here in Barrie and Brian has character, good skating and can play both ends of this ice but still puts up points

i would appreciate if anyone could compare the two, pros and cons similarities and differences

Thanks

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
so hamill is just as good as little because of a 3 minute highlight reel:shakehead

im not saying he is not as good. just that a 3 minute video doesnt prove anything.

Yeah seriously, and you didnt even compare that clip to another clip with Little, so not only is it totally pointless but it has nothing, nada to back it up

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Despite playing on a defensive team, Hamill doesn't have the same physical side or defensive ability or general grittiness on which Little predicates his value. Little would be a top 10 (probably top 5) player in this draft, whereas Hamill is probably not top 20.

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Despite playing on a defensive team, Hamill doesn't have the same physical side or defensive ability or general grittiness on which Little predicates his value. Little would be a top 10 (probably top 5) player in this draft, whereas Hamill is probably not top 20.

Not sure how they compare, I like what I have seen from Hamill.

But, Hamill is almost certainly a top 15 player in this draft.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I'm not saying Hamill won't get drafted in the top 15. I'm just saying there are at least 20 better players.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I'm not saying Hamill won't get drafted in the top 15. I'm just saying there are at least 20 better players.

I would have to say nay nay to this...I think Hamill is a top 20 player in this draft, he might not have the gritty two way play Little does, but his offensive side is higher I find, more exciting to watch, to me and I have seen him play, he looked the same way Daniel Briere did back in junior hockey, I have seen both play junior and I would compare them the same, except Hamill has better size.

With that being said, how couldn't Hamill be a top 20 player and IMO, he is isn't picked in the top 20, just like Daniel Briere he will make teams down the road wish he was picked in the top 20.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I've only seen Hamill in a few televised games, but my impression is that he has more of a dangler's skills, plus perhaps a bit more "artistic vision" than Little. Little can make plays and shoot the puck too, but I'm not sure if his offensive game is quite as artistically impressive as Hamill's.

Whereas Little also plays hard all over the ice, and Hamill seems to be somewhat more unidimensional (although let's not forget, Little started out with some of that knock too, and worked amazingly hard to improve his strength and round out his game, and I've heard some people say that Hamill is making steps forward in that respect too).

I guess where they're most similar is that they're late-birthdate players, slightly undersized, and perhaps their skating isn't at the level scouts would prefer to drool over from smaller guys. But stylistically, I think they're farther apart. :dunno:

toshiro

Jun 14, 2005
Western Canuckland
someone compare the two please, i have seen Little quite a bit living here in Barrie and Brian has character, good skating and can play both ends of this ice but still puts up points

i would appreciate if anyone could compare the two, pros and cons similarities and differences

Thanks
Did Little lead the league in scoring in his draft year?

studley49

Oct 8, 2003
Flinton/Toronto, ON
Visit site
Did Little lead the league in scoring in his draft year?
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/...ubType=0&season_id=26&league_id=1&lastActive=

He was tied for 6th in the league behind the stacked London Knights line (Schremp, Bolland, Hunter), Wojtek Wolski and Evan McGrath...

Looking at the WHL scoring race this year, Hamill was only 2 pts ahead of the #2 scorers in, IMO, a much weaker offensive league. No offense to the W - but does Hamill's competition stack up to Little's in their respected draft years? I don't think so...

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
From what I have seen of Little, one of his strengths is that despite not being very big, he has good core strength and is a gritty guy who will win battles and go to the dirty areas. Hamill doesn't have that element to his game. He is weak on the puck and purely a perimiter player. His skating is good, but not great. He needs to improve his leg strength and quickness, and I am not sure his speed and acceleration are what they need to be in order for him to make an impact offensively as an off the rush offensive player, which I think is what he has to be at the NHL level with his style. That said, he is a VERY skilled player with excellent vision and thrilling creativity, so I find it hard to believe he will drop out of the top 20 in this draft year. The obvious basic comparison to Little is a higher offensive ceiling player but also much riskier with a higher bust potential. If he can add strength, especially to his legs (he still looks really lanky to me), he certainly has the skill and vision to be a top 6 player.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
And you have nothing to back up your garbage.

what do i need to back up. i didnt say anything. i have seen little play one time on tv so i dont really have an opinion on this. all i said was that a 3 min highlight video doesnt prove that hamill is as good as little. he might be for all i know, but that doesnt prove it.now tell me what i need to back up.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Little was a much a much safer prospect at last years draft (for reasons already posted), although I think it's also fair to say Hamil's upside is at least as high, if not higher, than Little's.

Little probably compares to Langkow, in that he is somewhat undersized, but plays a feisty game (probably not quite as physical). Meanwhile, the Briere comparison is a good one for Hamil. If he does develop, he could easily be a top line forward who averages better than a point per game. The problem is, Little is almost assuredly going to be a decent NHL forward, where Hamil has more risk of simply not developing like Briere did.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Though he didn't develop it until later in his career, Briere has a chippiness that is absent in Hamill at this point. Junior players who show an unwillingness to go into traffic tend to worry me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->