Is Tuukka Rask HHOF candidate after he retires?

Is Tuukka Rask HHOF candidate after he retires?

• Total voters

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's one of the most recognizeable goalies of the modern era, so yes. A candidate for certain.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I think he's better than Fleury as a candidate, but there's better candidates that won't get in

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
He certainly is if people claim Fleury is some sort of lock

he has a career save % of .922, thats ridiculous

Reactions: Anantika

archangel2

May 19, 2019
306 wins with only 2 deep runs in the playoffs

andy moog 372 wins and a couple of deep runs in the playoffs
Curtis Joseph 454 wins
Mike Vernon 385 wins
Chris Osgood 401 wins 2 cups wins

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The HHOF bar is set pretty low. Rask could retire today and easily get in.

Not for goaltenders. I don't think he's there just yet.

I don’t think so, either. I think he needs another Stanley Cup as a starter. But the HHOF doesn’t care what we think. Lately a lot of ‘Hall of Very Good’ players seem to be getting in, so why not Rask?

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I don’t think so, either. I think he needs another Stanley Cup as a starter. But the HHOF doesn’t care what we think. Lately a lot of ‘Hall of Very Good’ players seem to be getting in, so why not Rask?
For some reason, the HHOF is extremely strict with goalies, as compared to forwards and Dmen. Of the Hall of Very Good players you are referring to, how many were goalies? (The likes of Joseph and Barrasso are still waiting, while Lowe and Carboneau are Hall of Famers)

Reactions: Voight

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
For some reason, the HHOF is extremely strict with goalies, as compared to forwards and Dmen. Of the Hall of Very Good players you are referring to, how many were goalies? (The likes of Joseph and Barrasso are still waiting, while Lowe and Carboneau are Hall of Famers)
You made a great point. The Hall is VERY tight with goalies - and I have no problem with that. I wish they were stricter with the skaters. Lowe and Carboneau have no business being in there with Coffey and Lafleur.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Goalies for whatever reason have a higher standard to reach than forwards/defenseman. There are a bunch of goalies that should be in. So he would probably need to wait a while like a lot of goalies seem to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad