Is Tom Wilson currently the best fighter in the NHL or.........

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think it was last year he and Deslauriers fought and D-lo got the best of him.

Witkowski would also beat him.

To be fair to Wilson and the Orr/McGratton would have manhandled him, those players are plugs.

Just look back over the past 20-30 years.

Tocchet, Kevin Stevens, Lindros, Shanahan, Mark Tinordi, Adam Foote, Rob Blake, Chris Pronger, Iginla, Clark, Neely and many more would have easily tuned this guy.

Then there's guys like Probert and Nilan who could play and would have murdered this game. Alright play might be a bit of a stretch, but both did well (all things considered) when playing for the teams they loved.

Wilson isn't the best, nor would he have ever been, but he's producing offensively. Might be a bigger Pat Verbeek type player. Well, I believe Verbeek would take on anyone, but you get the idea.

Screw that, Probert was a legit top six forward for one year and a more than passable third line guy beyond that.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
The league sucks now. Reaves is the champ but wouldn't even be top 10 if the league wasn't candy ass soft. I think Manson and Macdermaid are the two best fighters that play regularly.
Fighting is 5 percent of concussions in hockey but they go after that

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
He had draws with Laraque and never fought the other guys so that proves nothing. He beat Cairns, Koci and Ivanens. He obviously wasn't an enforcer in those days because he was too good of a player. He has 3 fights this year which in today's nhl makes him a fighter.
He got tko'd by parker and he cheap shotted ivannas. He beat koci who was a punching bag that could only beat boogard for some reason. Had he started throwing against cairns who was being held by the ref and a linesman. It was also in his prime and cairns last year.
In todays nhl a 40 year old chara is tough. In his prime wasn't even top 10

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Which one? I think both gallant's got screwed out of a lot of money with the reduce of fighting. Both are small guys who can throw in the pj stock tie domi mold. They'd be folk heros
When you mentioned folk heros I couldn't help but think of that line in slap shot.
"You cant leave those guys they're folk heros!"
"They're criminals!"
"Yeah well most folk heros started off as criminals!":laugh:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The league sucks now. Reaves is the champ but wouldn't even be top 10 if the league wasn't candy ass soft. I think Manson and Macdermaid are the two best fighters that play regularly.

Lucic tunes up Manson and MacDermid rather easily.

I have Manson and MacDermid with McQuaid in that tier right below Reaves/Lucic.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Lol, Chara is not a fighter. His size is the only benefit. Anyone like laraque, scott, Orr, McGratton etc, he tied up and wrestled to the ice. He’s a joke.

Exactly this. He just has an insane reach where he can throw punches at you from a safe distance. Other guys arms don't even seem to be reach his face fully extended.

If he fought guys his own size, he'd get his ass beat just he did with Worrell.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He got tko'd by parker and he cheap shotted ivannas. He beat koci who was a punching bag that could only beat boogard for some reason. Had he started throwing against cairns who was being held by the ref and a linesman. It was also in his prime and cairns last year.
In todays nhl a 40 year old chara is tough. In his prime wasn't even top 10
I said he wasn't an enforcer back then so obviously he wasn't top 10. Koci was a good fighter, beat lots of guys in the Ahl too. Chara beat Cairns fair and square. Cairns was only a couple years older than Chara at the time. Chara also fought and held his own against many other heavyweights.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
He had draws with Laraque and never fought the other guys so that proves nothing. He beat Cairns, Koci and Ivanens. He obviously wasn't an enforcer in those days because he was too good of a player. He has 3 fights this year which in today's nhl makes him a fighter.
He never had a draw with Laraque, he was scared to fight and hugged him to the ground. Twice. It was embarassing

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Ha...doubtful. Chara has "dummied" maybe 2-3 guys in his career? 9 times outta 10 he grabs on and falls down right away.
He'd dummy anyone on the Leafs, that's for sure. Leafs can't fight or win playoff games.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
He'd dummy anyone on the Leafs, that's for sure. Leafs can't fight or win playoff games.
Chara isn't dummying anyone, don't get your hopes up. Your big bad Bruins aren't very big nor bad anymore. Anyone tough in Boston has been shipped out.

Reactions: cliffclaven

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'd like to watch Tom Wilson and Witkowski fight. Though, at this point I doubt it could happen and Witter won't be a Wing if it happens.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Correct. Reaves might be in the top 30 twenty years ago. Wilson wouldn’t be in the top 50.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I've never seen Chara lose, let alone not dust anyone foolish enough to fight him.

And that Reeves - Peluso fight was just two strong customers going at it. They're both beasts.

Did you forgot the Neil fights? Or the Brasher fight where he loses his balance as soon as Brasher gets a grip on him? Then bails in a fight against Laraque? Or when Parker got him on the button and got him to his knees? Dude is a great example of human strength and he can tune up people, but this idea that he is a guy who can not lose a fight is a myth and nonsense. Every time he gets in a bit of trouble he just grabs the other guys and tumbles to the ice, I mean if Neil fought him like he did the rest of people and didn't stop throwing when he got him down he would've ended him both times Chara was on his knees at his mercy.

PS

If we actually want to talk about Bruins of a few years back that are great at fighting the list starts and ends with Lučić. A pissed off Lučić can end anyone. Same goes for McQuaid.

Reactions: Janks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->