Is TJ Watt running away with DPOY?

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I honestly believe he is man. The numbers he's amassing in less games played compared to his peers is just ridiculous. The 4th fastest in NFL history to 60 sacks and he's only getting better every game. Undeniably the best pass rusher in the game.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I honestly believe he is man. The numbers he's amassing in less games played compared to his peers is just ridiculous. The 4th fastest in NFL history to 60 sacks and he's only getting better every game. Undeniably the best pass rusher in the game.

Not in a world where that dude from the Rams exists.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Can’t believe my f***ing packers took Kevin f***ing King over this Wisconsin born stud. FFS

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can’t believe my f***ing packers took Kevin f***ing King over this Wisconsin born stud. FFS
The guy went at the tail end of the first round that year. He’s definitely outperformed his expectations more so than his brother went in the very early teens in his draft year.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Myles Garrett. I would also argue that Cam Heyward has been more valuable than TJ Watt, but you aren't going to see that in base stats considering the differences between interior defenders and edge rushers roles.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I want to say this is Watt's award to lose, but if they don't make the playoffs, not sure how he wins it.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's Watt's to lose for sure but Judon should be getting more DPOY attention.

He has transformed that Patriots defense and has been one of the most disruptive pass rushers this year.

12.5 sacks
25 QB hits

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I'm not even sure Watt is the favorite let alone running away with it
Before last nights game he was the new favorite according to the betting odds. It's really him and Garrett that are close than the next closest is roughly +800. Obviously we'll see what Garrett does against the Ravens but if Watt keeps up his current pace he could be running away with it.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Before last nights game he was the new favorite according to the betting odds. It's really him and Garrett that are close than the next closest is roughly +800. Obviously we'll see what Garrett does against the Ravens but if Watt keeps up his current pace he could be running away with it.
Isn't Garrett on pace to break the sack record. If that happens I have a hard time not seeing him winning it.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Isn't Garrett on pace to break the sack record. If that happens I have a hard time not seeing him winning it.
The single season record is 22.5 by Michael Strahan in 2001.

Garrett sits on 14 through 12 games (so 5 games left). He'd have to average 1.7 sacks a game to tie that number, so not impossible.

Watt has 16 through 13 games (4 games left). He'd have to average 1.625 sacks a game to tie it, also not impossible.

Watt has missed 1 game while Garrett hasn't missed any. I'd say neither guy is "on pace" to break the record but both guys could have a monster 3/4 sack game and put them on track.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The single season record is 22.5 by Michael Strahan in 2001.

Garrett sits on 14 through 12 games (so 5 games left). He'd have to average 1.7 sacks a game to tie that number, so not impossible.

Watt has 16 through 13 games (4 games left). He'd have to average 1.625 sacks a game to tie it, also not impossible.

Watt has missed 1 game while Garrett hasn't missed any. I'd say neither guy is "on pace" to break the record but both guys could have a monster 3/4 sack game and put them on track.

Watt missed 2 games, he had 16 in 10 games going into last night, of course a groin injury can linger so who knows how he closes things out

Reactions: Hogan20

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
One requirement of setting records is remaining healthy.

have to accept that records today will be based off a 17 game schedule. Used to just have 14 games but now all records are 16 game seasons.

Dolphins were 14-0 and won the SB to get to 17-0.

NE got to 16-0 and won 2 PO games to get to 18-0 but lost the SB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad