Is this the year we give birth to a new rival?

cherrytwist

Dec 22, 2009
STL.MO.US
How do you think this series will pan out for our future with the Mild?

Personally, I think it's shaping up to have all of the elements of a good rivalry, maybe a little more physical play (Bortuzzo anyone?)

Discuss.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think Minnesota and Colorado have more of a rivalry. The lack of animosity and nastiness in this playoff series frankly stands out when I compare it with the other series going on. I don't really see this as more than a divisional level familiarity, but not a special rivalry by any stretch.

I feel more rivalry toward Nashville and Colorado, frankly.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah I don't see it with the Wild, like 2MM said, there's no real animosity between the teams.

Palsa

Apr 9, 2014
Finland
I don't get how any team could have rivalry with Minnesota. There is no grit, no enforcers and not even any hard hittin' players. To me it's like watered down version of NYR. Fast but soft, skilled but dull. Real 9 to 5 workers.

"Put my suit on, drive to office, play some hockey, get some sleep" -circle of life of an office hockey player.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Nope. The fans don't even seem to hate each other.

It's still Chicago and then maybe Nashville but there's a pretty hefty respect level there too it seems.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't see a rivalry with Minny at all. I really don't feel any animosity towards that team.

Now, if we make it out of this round and play Chicago...that's going to be a much more emotional series for the players and fans alike.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nah, no rivalry.

I don't think we have a rivalry with a single team in the league right now besides Chicago. I think Vancouver might be a small one, but it's been a bit one-sided.

griff713

Mar 25, 2014
Rockland County NY
Nah, I just can't really feel any hatred as I would versus Chicago. We have some in common as them (we both never won a cup lol) and their style of play doesn't piss me off as much as you would think. I actually like some of the players on their team, such as Dumba who has looked very good so far. I still hate them for the time being of this series, but that's just because I want to get out of the godamn first round for once and prove everyone wrong. No hard feelings, Wild.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Winnipeg has become more of a rival to us than Minny IMO

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Winnipeg has become more of a rival to us than Minny IMO

Yeah, those games get rough.

IMO, this series has been relatively tame. I think that they have a lot more talent than Nashville, and are built a lot like us (multiple stars in their prime, a ton of young depth). IMO, they are as dangerous as anyone else for the next 3-4 years, especially if Dubnyk can build on this season.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There's more venom between Blues and Sharks fans than there is between the Blues and pretty much anyone in the Central besides the Hawks (and maaaaybe the Jets)

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Yeah, I don't really hate the Wild (like I do the Hawks, Wings and Kings). I just want to beat them....give them a little Steve Ott pat on the head and gently leave them behind.

SkyBlue

2/16 * 3
May 27, 2006
Only if they beat us... Otherwise we'll be too busy hating on the Hawks or Preds. Besides Wild fans have seemed pretty civil if a bit excitable. Not like Blues fans can complain about the latter.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Could care less about Minnesota as an opponent, Blues seem the same way; focused on getting to the next round not punishing their nemesis.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Rivalries begin with playoffs and take years to develop. I'm a Wild fan and agree with most of you on this topic. It doesn't feel at all like one now but give it ten years and we'll revisit the topic. I'd say the Avs are a bigger rival for the Wild and Chicago is yours. That'll change. I'm sure some of you guys remember the North Stars. Good luck with the rest of the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad